Liverpool FC Thread

Ah mal, it's been a while since I've seen the old hypothetical about transfer budgets. I've missed it. :mrgreen:

It is looking promising though. I think we'll definitely go back for Young, and he'll be cheaper as well. Stats show that he contributes a lot to Villa, and we all know FSG (NESV is their old name!) love stats.

Ari Gold said:
I would love us to pursue Romelu Lukaku. Could really live up to his promise as the next Drogba and think his age would allow him to grow into the team nicely. His fee probably exceeds positional need but I like his youth and promise.

As for wingers, I like Eljero Elia and Marko Marin, but I'm sure there are others who could do nicely. Agreed on Centre backs but couldn't really name a preference.

FWIW, I'm batting pretty highly when it comes to predicting who we should and do sign, as I'm sure Ningers will attest to. He'll also vouch for said signings going to achieve less than nothing :D

Yes, you're quite good with predicting who we should sign. You did get Torres right...even if he fucked us off.

Marin is a great shout, not sure how likely we are of getting him though. I think Eden Hazard and Alexis Sanchez are two names we should be looking at as well. Elia would be a decent signing too, impressed me in the World Cup. Lukaku would be lovely, but I don't think we'll spend big on a striker again in the summer.

As for centre backs, I would love us to go after Neven Subotic from Dortmund. He's a monster.

phpdhyotgat030211aplaye.jpg

Looking forward to winning the league in the next few seasons.
rockon.gif

I think if this transfer window has taught/reminded us anything it's that the vast majority of footballers are nothing but mercenaries. Darren Bent lied his **** off in front of the camera, talks about how he wants to be part of what Quinn/Bruce are building, kisses the badge in front of thousands of our fans, tweets about how much he loves the club.... then it's all over in a flash. Less than a week after the transfer he is kissing the Villa badge.

Torres is much the same, all signs pointed to him being a committed Liverpool player, to bring them back from mid table to challenge for the title... but then Chelsea come along with their sickening amounts of money and he pisses off as fast as it can be arranged.

At the end of the day you have to love the club more than the players and remember to do so. It's very rare to get a player who loves the club as much as the fans, someone who will turn down the lure of more money and the increased chance of trophies so they can represent the team that means so much to them. The Gerrards, the Shearers, the Le Tissiers... they are a dying breed unfortunately.

Scotty said:
I think if this transfer window has taught/reminded us anything it's that the vast majority of footballers are nothing but mercenaries. Darren Bent lied his **** off in front of the camera, talks about how he wants to be part of what Quinn/Bruce are building, kisses the badge in front of thousands of our fans, tweets about how much he loves the club.... then it's all over in a flash. Less than a week after the transfer he is kissing the Villa badge.

Torres is much the same, all signs pointed to him being a committed Liverpool player, to bring them back from mid table to challenge for the title... but then Chelsea come along with their sickening amounts of money and he pisses off as fast as it can be arranged.

At the end of the day you have to love the club more than the players and remember to do so. It's very rare to get a player who loves the club as much as the fans, someone who will turn down the lure of more money and the increased chance of trophies so they can represent the team that means so much to them. The Gerrards, the Shearers, the Le Tissiers... they are a dying breed unfortunately.

Aye, spot on Scotty.

It's a damn shame how much influence money has in football these days.

Get in line for Alexis Sanchez ning, because there is big talk Guardiola loves the sh!t out of him and that Real Madrid like him coz Guardiola does. He will be huge wherever he ends up, all sorts of talent.

The Brizz said:
Get in line for Alexis Sanchez ning, because there is big talk Guardiola loves the sh!t out of him and that Real Madrid like him coz Guardiola does. He will be huge wherever he ends up, all sorts of talent.

Pfffft, as if Barca need Sanchez!

I agree especially with how well Afellay is already settling in and with the likes of Bojan, Nolito, Thiago and Jeffren sitting on the bench desperate for a game.

Can't believe I'm typing this, but come on you scousers !!!! [icon_drun

Yeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

You'll like this Ning...

Jamie Carragher arrested! For money laundering by met. police after the Chelsea game. Apparently he had £50m in his back pocket.

[icon_lol1.

Haha, already heard it. [icon_wink

Get a load of the Chelsea fans, how fucking shit are they. Check this:

fernando-torres-banner-746607376.jpg

180081_571830659978_36702178_33784270_8186582_n.jpg

So, not only did they copy our banner...they left the Shankly Gates on there. [icon_lol1.

Morons.

Woooo, Sparta Prague away tomorrow morning!

Who needs the Champions League? :P

Just wanted to bump a dying topic with a nice little ZING in regards to result on weekend.

Outplayed and outclassed. Suarez is something else, Nani is a michael jackson jerry curl ****, yes Carra should have seen red but Rafael's was worse than Gerrards in the FA Cup. So it balanced out.

Luis Suarez is the second best dribbler of the football on the planet behind Messi, the guy is absolute class. He made Man U's defenders look retarded!

I reckon that was even better than the 4-1 win at Old Trafford.

Everyone was brilliant, even Kuyt!

Lucas was another stand out. He's really starting to come of age. His only issue is shooting, but I'm sure he can improve on that. He seems to have cut out those pathetic fouls in dangerous positions where he'd timidly trip someone over. Of course he still does it occasionally, but nowhere near as much as he used to.

Can't believe the crap Nani pulled. Yeah, it was a bad tackle...but to get up and run over to the ref proclaiming all sorts, and then fall over in agony...I mean, come on. What an embarrassment.

Suarez is fucking ace. It's not just his dribbling either, his movement and vision is world class. Not to mention his deadball ability. Already love the bloke.

Very lucky last night... Could and should've probably been more!

Not bothered at all.

All of our away matches in the Europa League have followed the same pattern.

We'll do em at Anfield.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.