LNP Leadership Spills - The Neverending story

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
  • Staff
So it's fucking happening again today. FMD. **** these cunts.

What's happening?

There is a vote underway to decide the leadership of the Liberal Party and the Government.
Malcolm Turnbull has just addressed the party room meeting
The ABC understands the contest for the leadership is between Malcolm Turnbull and Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton.
All leadership positions have been declared vacant.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-21/politics-live-malcolm-turnbull-in-partyroom-meeting/10146280

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Dutton doesn't have the kahuna's to challenge,Bishop and Morrison won't want he poisoned chalice. My bet is they'll limp to the election with Turnbull.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Even the liberals wouldn't be stupid enough to put Dutton as PM. The guy's a turd, and highly unlikeable. Sure fire way to give up the next election.

Last edited:

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Peter Dutton is the worst Liberal since um since um someone before my time. Hewson? Nah, worse than him. He's gross. He is racist. He should not be in charge of our country.

I am so off all sides of Australian politicis. My favourite politician is Jacinda Adern, a lefty and a kiwi of all things! At least she's reasonable, intelligent, articulate and willing to have a conversation about difficult policy.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Even the liberals wouldn't be stupid enough to put Dutton as PM. The guy's a turd, and highly unlikeable. Sure fire way to give up the next election.
Funny story, my plumber hubby once did the plumbing on his house (before he was a front bencher). Said "mate I'm opening up the sewerage pipes can you not use the toilet for an hour" So of course he used the crapper and the shit flushed out on the hubbies boot, lol, he was so pissed.
He's literally crapped on my family.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I read that Dutton was likely to lose his seat next election, so going for the top job was literally the only way to keep himself in the job.

That's politics - the only reason this guy wants to lead the country is to save his own arse.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The fact that it wasn't a total landslide to Turnbull is concerning.
I don't know how the votes work but I'm assuming they are 1 vote = 1 human (rather than a ratio or something) so based on what CaptainHook CaptainHook posted at least 35 people in the Liberal party think Dutton should be PM over Turnbull.

That is seriously concerning. I know we don't "vote" for the PM in Australia but really, a lot of us actually do vote for the PM indirectly. I hate how sacking PM's mid term is now a thing in Australia that is used as a strategy. A voted PM should only be sacked for serious offences not for voting strategy, it's disgraceful.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I read that Dutton was likely to lose his seat next election, so going for the top job was literally the only way to keep himself in the job.

That's politics - the only reason this guy wants to lead the country is to save his own arse.
I doubt he loses Dickson. There are too many conservatives around who love him to death. And Labor never both to put anyone worth voting for out here.

Smartseal

QCup Player
If Albanese takes over from Shorten then Labour romp home next election IMO.
Actually if Plibersech got the top job, it would be an annihilation of the coalition & would take multiple terms for them to recover, not unlike the QLD libs with can do Campbell.
And I'm not even a labour voter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter