Lockyer back for Rabbits

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
BRISBANE five-eighth Darren Lockyer has come through a training session with the Broncos unscathed and is on target for a return to the NRL against South Sydney on Friday night.

Lockyer ran solidly with the team at Red Hill in his first public appearance in more than a fortnight.

Provided he gets through the next few days, Lockyer is expected to come off the bench at Suncorp Stadium.

His return would pave the way for a 37th appearance for Australia in next month's Centenary clash with New Zealand in Sydney.

Hope he's not rushing it.

Hope they play him for 20 minutes, max.

Would prefer to see him out til round 12, tbh.

Do we really need him to beat the rabbits? Hell, ill play for the broncos this week and we would still probably win lol.
He should rest more IMO

He is clearly rushing back to play for the Aussie team which is just dumb.

yeh probably rushing it, but if he's gonna do that then it might as well be against the Rabbitohs.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Do we really need him to beat the rabbits? Hell, ill play for the broncos this week and we would still probably win lol.
He should rest more IMO

Nutley = 14,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Oztag players remember [icon_lol1.

But you're right, there's no point rushing him back, and I think it's selfishness on Locky's part to try and play just to make the Test team. Australia doesn't need him. The Broncos do. But we need him fit.

It's amazing that at the end of the season if a player has a slight injury, the club doctor will tell the national selectors "bugger off, he needs a rest", yet for domestic Tests and Origin club doctors will gladly risk the long term welfare of the player to let them get their personal rep honours.

It's CRAP.

Lockyer should have another month off, bust his arse in rehab, get that leg right, which will help get his mind right, and then play out the season with the Broncos. All going well he'll then be ready to lead his team in the World Cup.

So he'll miss Origin. Big deal. Prince and Thurston, or Prince and Cronk, or Thurston and Cronk will be fine without him.

heres to hoping he knows something we dont and he comes out and plays a blinder

draggx said:
heres to hoping he knows something we dont and he comes out and plays a blinder

It's not about playing a blinder. It's about playing on a reconstructed knee that may not be perfect.

I hope they're viewing it as a chance to use Locky sparingly to test the knee in match conditions and not a last chance to prove his knee is right for the test. If it feels dodgy after five minutes, get him off. Having said that, we take the bunnies lightly at our own peril.

Completely agree with you cameo. It might be a cliche, but the longer the bunnies go without a win, the closer they are to actually getting one. The broncos can't afford to take them lightly this week otherwise they run the risk of looking like fools.

as long as it doesnt backfire and we have a few injuries then we'll have no one 100% fit to put on there.

Emma said:
Completely agree with you cameo. It might be a cliche, but the longer the bunnies go without a win, the closer they are to actually getting one. The broncos can't afford to take them lightly this week otherwise they run the risk of looking like fools.

IIRC, the game in 2006 that we lost to souths missing about 8 players to origin duty (game being talked about in another thread) was about round 13 or 14 and souths first win of the year. eusa_think

bfoord said:
Emma said:

IIRC, the game in 2006 that we lost to souths missing about 8 players to origin duty (game being talked about in another thread) was about round 13 or 14 and souths first win of the year. eusa_think
What's that got to do with what I said? Because it's not round 13 or 14, souths can't win a game?

I think he was actually agreeing with you Emma. Sort of.

I would hate to think we're using an NRL competition match as a fitness test for a player...

Coxy said:

I would hate to think we're using an NRL competition match as a fitness test for a player...

i was agreeing with Emma while sighting an example... i probably worded the response wrong though

No one has the right to criticise Lockyer for wanting to play in the Centenary Test.

For starters, this is the test match to celebrate the centenary year, it only comes around once.

Lockyer will be the captain if he plays. Playing in this test as captain would be a massive honour.

He has every right to play.

Of course we have the right.

He should be a Broncos player before a test player. They pay his bills. If he's injured, he can't play for him employer, so it's money out of our teams's pocket for nothing.

This is the exact reason why rep footy should be at the end of the season.

Coxy said:

So Should we maybe of Put Locky In Qld Cup for a few weeks to test it?...

Actually that would be kinda cool

Active Now

• Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.