Badel Warning Lockyer: Bronco's mission impossible

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
You know what I’ve been thinking? Why was it such an issue stripping Boyd of the captaincy in the first place?
Didn’t Hook come in and strip Thaiday of the captaincy in honour of Parker, then Wayne stripped Parker of the captaincy and give it to Hodges?
It’s not like Boyd was Darren Lockyer-esque or even playing good footy last year.
There’s absolutely no reason Seibs couldn’t have stripped Boyd of the captaincy, if the players had’ve sooked, that’s on them.
100%

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
You know what I’ve been thinking? Why was it such an issue stripping Boyd of the captaincy in the first place?
Didn’t Hook come in and strip Thaiday of the captaincy in honour of Parker, then Wayne stripped Parker of the captaincy and give it to Hodges?
It’s not like Boyd was Darren Lockyer-esque or even playing good footy last year.
There’s absolutely no reason Seibs couldn’t have stripped Boyd of the captaincy, if the players had’ve sooked, that’s on them.
Isn’t it simply the notion that the most experienced gets dibs at captain?

Stu_9

QCup Player
Andrew Luck who plays for Indianapolis in the NFL has at 29 decided to retire, turning down a reported $86 million dollars...

Kyall

NRL Player
If we lose Fifita and or Staggs due to having over paid Boyd on contact I will no longer follow this club.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Alot of people putting the faith in Smokin Joe. His strike rate ain't what it used to be. I believe in you Joe, don't let us down.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Alot of people putting the faith in Smokin Joe. His strike rate ain't what it used to be. I believe in you Joe, don't let us down.
rogerwilco also believes both Glenn and Fifita will re-sign. he has a pretty good strike rate as well

Tom

State of Origin Rep
rogerwilco also believes both Glenn and Fifita will re-sign. he has a pretty good strike rate as well
Yes, he posted that well after my comment. I'll leave the celebrating til after pen has been put to paper.....

Unless O'Dowd and the mole announce it, that's when I'll know it's real.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Unless O'Dowd and the mole announce it, that's when I'll know it's real.
if either one of them post that Fifita is leaving ... you can pop the champagne because that is a guarantee Fifita will be staying ... lol

Reactions: Tom

pagey

NRL Captain
Bit unfair on Joe, jniko is the only one I remember. Roger wilco was wrong on that one to , sometimes things change bro.

Stu_9

QCup Player
James hooper just said on Fox sports that Fifita will go to the open market. Worrying if true

AndyB

QCup Player
I think Seibs is using Boyd as a set of safety wheels to help manage the young guns through their early learning stages.

Next year those wheels need to be taken away to allow the young ones to free-wheel under their own steam. They may not win anything next year either but it will be the next step in the process of moulding a team together. By 2021 we will have a team who are NRL hardend, wise to the 'effort' plays required to win tight games and fully familiar with each others and the teams plays.

I think Boyd has fully fullfilled Seibs wishes this year by playing nursemaid to a very young squad.

Having said that, I just wish we had a better rolemodel then Boyd as some of the rubbish he has served up this season has been nothing short of atrocious.
This.
Why hasn't this post had more acknowledgement?

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Bit unfair on Joe, jniko is the only one I remember. Roger wilco was wrong on that one to , sometimes things change bro.
I appreciate Joe's input. But he'd be the first to admit he's been wrong more than once. He used to be spot on.

Alec

International Rep
Staggs won’t leave. You have no idea how much it means for him to play for the broncos. He was offered a contract from pretty much every club but chose us because that’s the only place he ever wanted to play.
When the money is more or less equal, it's one thing. When other clubs start throwing hundreds of thousands more, it's a bit different. Much harder to resist, even as a fan of the club.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter