Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Darius Boyd must focus on keeping his body right as he ages,
says Darren Lockyer

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
September 10, 2019 8:04pm

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's up to the halves to get the team in the right spots of the field and make sure we are completing our sets and executing our plays"

Have we been keeeping "our plays "under lock and key coz I sure as fek haven't seen him executing a damn thing in months.

"It's up to the halves to get the team in the right spots of the field and make sure we are completing our sets and executing our plays"

Have we been keeeping "our plays "under lock and key coz I sure as fek haven't seen him executing a damn thing in months.
Our strategy of "one out Pass to someone and hope they do something good" is a widely practiced strategy/play. . . . I mean, it is widely used in U/6 footy,. Maybe this is the most complex game plan our 300+ game veteren can manage.

I think the loss of Dearden was pretty big looking back. Not because I think he's the saviour of our attacking game, but prior to him being injured Milf was still at 5/8.

Dearden was also more than adequate in defence on that right side and Turps was in the hooker rotation.

When he got injured Milf was moved to fullback probably 2 weeks later from memory and our right side defence has been horrendous pretty much ever since.

It may have been on the cards to move Boyd regardless, but if Dearden hadn't been injured potentially Boyd gets moved to center and someone else goes to fullback with Milf and Dearden in the halves.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Milf in the off season. Does he get moved back to 6 with Dearden and someone like Isaako or Niu moving into fullback or does he stay at fullback and maybe Bird or even Paix moves into the halves with Dearden.

FWIW I think Boyd will be moved to left center in the off season

Last edited:
the more i accept the fact Darius will return next season, the more i think you are right; Left centre seems the best position as any i guess...?

Where does Bird go then? Also anyone noticed, as good as he is in attack, how bad Staggs is defensively since he broke through this year..? Bird might be the answer...just saying...

Is anyone else wondering why Lockyer has gone public with this bullshit. Quite clearly what the great man has publicly outlined to Darius regarding the need to protect his body and whatnot is what Boyd has been doing all year and continues to do.

Surely this advice is something done in private over a beer or coffee and not with Badel in the press.

Darren Lockyer is not only trying to take the pressure off Darius and his loss of previous capabilities but also may inadvertently be the one over riding Seibold in the selection room regarding his mate.

Is anyone else wondering why Lockyer has gone public with this bullshit. Quite clearly what the great man has publicly outlined to Darius regarding the need to protect his body and whatnot is what Boyd has been doing all year and continues to do.

Surely this advice is something done in private over a beer or coffee and not with Badel in the press.

Darren Lockyer is not only trying to take the pressure off Darius and his loss of previous capabilities but also may inadvertently be the one over riding Seibold in the selection room regarding his mate.
And of course Lockyer may have absolutely no influence over selections, Seibold may be his own man, Lockyer may have had this conversation with DB in private and over coffee prior to speaking with the press and DB said ' sure, tell them, makes no difference to me as I don't read that shit'. Maybe huh?

Locky said a couple of weeks ago, I think it was after the Parra game, that Darius plays his best footy when under pressure by the media.
I think he then went on to score a try and got man of the match for that game.
I dare say locky is trying to hope that public scrutiny again will improve his performance this week.
It’s pretty poor that the captain of this great club only seems to play half decent after a week of bashing in the media.
Hopefully he calls time on his career in the off season.

I love you Locky but, can you start recruiting and retaining properly?

For a second I thought Locky was training with the boys, but then I remembered he has hair now hahaha.

Last edited:
I love you Locky but, can you start recruiting and retaining properly?

It goes without saying that Locky is a literal God but history has consistently shown that great players rarely do great things in the offices of NRL clubs. If Locky is doing a good job then he is definitely one of the few exceptions.

I tell you who Locky needs to talk to to play smarter it's big Lodgey.

He's great for putting his hand up and fearless when carrying the ball out of trouble, but please ffs focus on your ball retention. Opposition players are working out you're prone to the loose carry and are getting turnovers at the most dangerous spot on the field.

Do your hit ups and nothing else inside our own half and then maybe think about offloading.

I tell you who Locky needs to talk to to play smarter it's big Lodgey.

He's great for putting his hand up and fearless when carrying the ball out of trouble, but please ffs focus on your ball retention. Opposition players are working out you're prone to the loose carry and are getting turnovers at the most dangerous spot on the field.

Do your hit ups and nothing else inside our own half and then maybe think about offloading.
Really? You came up with that theory because he was illegally stripped of the ball twice in the match? There was three in the second tackle and the ref missed it again. Loose carry, mmm don't think so.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Hurrijo
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.