NEWS Lodge to Tallis: come here and say that

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
According to shitstirrer James Hooper from Foxsports, Matt Lodge challenged gobshite for hire Gorden TallisWhy don’t you say it to my face?” when their sizable orbits intersected at a recent function.

The mild-mannered expectant father was referring to recent comments in which children's party clown Tallis had badmouthed his prospect as future Broncos' captain.

The unhinged Cowboys fan was a guest speaker at a Rockhampton event the night before the Broncos played the Capras. Lodge, who was hanging with Peter Nolan, hit up Tallis over the incessant flow of barely coherent gibberish under his name in various media.

Tallis - always up for a biff - sized up Lodge and doubled down on his assertion that our misunderstood giant should never be captain.

Screenshot 2020 03 10 963b7cc7d65fe07193ae355a4796b674 WEBP Image 650  866 pixels

A complicated man: no one understands him but his woman (Sean O' Sullivan's sister).

When Foxsports slithered over to pick through the carcass, the notorious hothead Tallis boasted:

“It was very civil. It wasn’t like we were ever going to come to fisticuffs."

“He said to me “why don’t you say it to my face?”. So I did. I don’t think Matt Lodge should ever captain the Broncos. I just told him to keep his nose clean and play good footy and I’ll leave him alone."

Screenshot 2020 03 10 29715f3fd50990b9a35b4be7f16981fd WEBP Image 650  366 pixels

Nasal hygiene: a must.

"The more I think about it the more I think the whole thing around him being the captain of the Broncos is not really his fault. It’s a proud club with a rich history but this shows lately they’ve had an inability to develop leaders. The Broncos have let him down by putting him in that position. The club has shown no leadership. I’ve probably softened a bit on Lodge’s story because he has got a family now and he has worked hard to try and clean his act up.”

And then double dead-locked his door that night.

McHunt

Last edited:
"I told him to keep his nose clean and play good footy..."
That's all Lodge has done since coming back into the league. I don't think Gordie can fault him on that.

Tbf to Gordy, i dont think he would be the type of bloke to back down. Maybe Gordy actually taking the time to talk to Matt has changed his opinion.

Tbf to Gordy, i dont think he would be the type of bloke to back down. Maybe Gordy actually taking the time to talk to Matt has changed his opinion.
Yeh this.

His reputation precedes him, you wouldn’t think he’d back down, maybe he’s just a little older and wiser now and knows it’s not worth it.

But it’s hard to imagine he’d be intimidated by anyone.

I just remember those eyes, they were ferocious!

Last edited:
To be frank, Tallis showed a tonne of restraint under the circumstances. Wondering over and putting yourself in a position to be shirtfronted by Gordon Tallis in front of a million witnesses isn't what I would call smart from Lodge, but the fact that they both didn't cause a scene tells me that the talk was probably more polite than the journos are catching on.

Yeh this.

His reputation precedes him, you wouldn’t think he’d back down, maybe he’s just a little older and wiser now and knows it’s not worth it.

But it’s hard to imagine he’d be intimidated by anyone.

I just remember those eyes, they were ferocious!

Gordy was an absolute beast as a footballer. Comfortably the best backrower we have had at the Broncos imo. Shame he has ruined his reputation with us since he retired.

If we know Tallis well enough by now, he still won’t leave him alone.

To be frank, Tallis showed a tonne of restraint under the circumstances. Wondering over and putting yourself in a position to be shirtfronted by Gordon Tallis in front of a million witnesses isn't what I would call smart from Lodge, but the fact that they both didn't cause a scene tells me that the talk was probably more polite than the journos are catching on.

He was hardly short fronted, he was told to say this stuff to his face while Lodge was with Peter Nolan FFS.

I agree that Tallis isn’t one to back down but it’s not like he grabbed him.

Maybe Lodge confronting him made him realise he was being a bully, I doubt it but it’s possible I guess.

Don't know where to put this but anyone that doesn't have fox, we are copping an absolute flogging on nrl 360 right now. Getting ripped from every angle. And also a little hint that something is brewing with u atm...

So business as usual then?

We are what pays Kenty’s wages.

I haven’t watched any league programs as of yet but will start tonight. I actually would have been more surprised if the garden gnome didn’t unload on us. He has had all off season to put together his agenda driven rant. Hope he didn’t waste all his material on the first show of the season!

Last edited:
As opposed to what you have been doing for the last 2 years while he has been playing good footy and keeping his nose clean?

Exactly. Looks like Big G has shit himself when he seen that Lodge was a tad more intimidating then Ben Ross.

All jokes aside **** it is hilarious that Tallis is contradicting himself left right and centre now that one of his subjects has called out his agenda driven running commentary to his face.

Won’t be long until Gordy is in a Sydney studio bad mouthing him again from 1000km away again

Gordy was an absolute beast as a footballer. Comfortably the best backrower we have had at the Broncos imo. Shame he has ruined his reputation with us since he retired.
Hard to argue with that.

Notwithstanding the questionable stuff he comes out with these days, you just knew we weren’t going to be roughed up or bullied when Tallis was on the field.

He is one of those players that had the skill to match the current player but the toughness and aggression to match it with the blokes from the bad old days.

Not many players you can say that about.

I got a suggestion, if Seibold should fail to deliver, perhaps Tallis should put his money where his mouth is and step up, clearly he has all the answers.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.