Matt Lodge Discussion

Anyone else see that Nine News story a minute ago? Their journo couldn't help himself at training, shoved his mic in Lodge's face asking very "A Current Affair" style questions, then threw one in Bennett's face then predictably got punted from training for it and of course he was butthurt over it.

I was never overly fond of the media but after their conduct over the last 2 weeks, now I cannot stand them. Shameless vultures.

i know i havent been on the lodge redemption story, however i have just sat through and watched the interview with yvonne sampson - yvonne was poor in her delivery and her questions were off the mark.

i am an outsider and dont know the lad, but he looks incredibly fragile to me - im not sure how the future unfolds so i think its a bit of watch this space.
my obversation would seem like this lad is either bombed to the eyeballs on anti depressants or he seems to be slowly developed.
looking at his eyes their just seemed to be a hollow picture which is of major concern.

for his and his wife/child sake i hope he is settled but their must be conern around his mental state.

100k is minimum wage, no matter what is reported. But yeah, you’re right otherwise. I just don’t see that that this bloke will have any loyalty, and maybe rightly so.

2018Min. Top 30 fee of $100,000 for players 1-26 in 2018 increasing at $5,000 p.a until 2022
2018$70,000 for players 27-30 in 2018 increasing at $2,500 p.a until 2022
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Watching the League Life segment on Lodge that's on at the moment. Let's just say my mother wouldn't appreciate the language I'm using to describe these people.

My respect for Todd Greenberg has risen immensely after the bullshit he just had to put up with.

True but this has been the risk from day dot.

What we are getting is a starting calibre prop (in our rotation) for $85k.

It will be up to the broncos to secure his long term future when the NSW vultures come circling.

Maybe he'll be like jimmy and commit long term because he sees the advantages of staying with a team that is keeping him on track.
Wayne and the club have picked this guy up and nursed him back into grade.... When no one else would have touched him! The CEO has got up and publicly and personally backed him as well as the coach.
If he has a good year and puts all this behind him I think he will feel an immense sense of gratitude towards Wayne and the club.
If he uses the Broncos as a quick step back into football and ***** off back to Sydney at the first opportunity I'll be fucken livid!

7.30 report had another go at him tonight because he is yet to publicly apologise

The world is officially coming to an end when Gus fucking Gould is the sensible one !!!:whatwouldjareddo:

It actually made me question my position on the subject.

So he has done the interview, Wayne has spoken, the media have bagged them both.

Is there anything left to say other then, let’s now see how he goes in the NRL?

Signing news and his performance interests me, I can’t say there is anything else of particular note, that I think is really worthy of further discussion.

Sneaking suspicion Wayne has managed this so Lodge comes out & brains them tomorrow night.

Watching the lodge interview and stuff what any other clubs fans say, I have literally never been prouder to be a broncos fan. Premierships are a reward for the fans, but the broncos and Bennett change the lives of players unlike any other club.

Greenburg said the one mistake the NRL made in bringing back Lodge is the lack of transparency.

But he is defending his decision to bring back Lodge and there is no chance of the Broncos being pressured to sack him.

I know this will go down like a lead balloon because everyone loves Vonny, but I thought she did terribly. I thought she was rude and it is clear he isn't overly bright (that's not a crime) and in mt personal opinion she took advantage of that to try and make him look bad.

As for Lodge I thought he was genuine and open. I was impressed.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ph...e/news-story/1780c7b818912f8eea1a91cd9d318998

Gus’s take on it all. Good to see he told him to honour the Broncos commitment to him

Its interesting how Lodge wanted to return to Penrith even last year. I wonder how long he'll stay here if he is just paying Wayne and the Broncos back for what they did. Hopefully the club completely wins him over enough for him to want to stay the year after too, and he lives up to his potential.

I know this will go down like a lead balloon because everyone loves Vonny, but I thought she did terribly. I thought she was rude and it is clear he isn't overly bright (that's not a crime) and in mt personal opinion she took advantage of that to try and make him look bad.

As for Lodge I thought he was genuine and open. I was impressed.

Personally have always thought she is overrated. It doesn't take much to stand out from the clowns at Nine. I'm guessing the ability to say a sentence longer than four syllables would be sufficient.

Full credit to her, she used that gig to propel herself to a better one.

I think this whole saga has made it clear as day that our tiny little competition does not generate enough meaningful content to justify a 24 hour channel. So issues get milked to death and run into the ground and the NRL starts to resemble a soap opera. We're about two steps away from WWE shit.

Personally have always thought she is overrated. It doesn't take much to stand out from the clowns at Nine. I'm guessing the ability to say a sentence longer than four syllables would be sufficient.

Full credit to her, she used that gig to propel herself to a better one.

I think this whole saga has made it clear as day that our tiny little competition does not generate enough meaningful content to justify a 24 hour channel. So issues get milked to death and run into the ground and the NRL starts to resemble a soap opera. We're about two steps away from WWE shit.

I think this is very true.

**** me haven't the media got their knickers in a knot over being called out.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • mieko
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.