Matt Lodge Discussion

That is the 24hr news cycle in a nutshell. It is more opinion than news. These pricks are so entitledto, they think everything has to be run by them. That prick Ikin thinks because fox put some money down to televise the sport the players are obligated to talk to them. That is horse shit. Fox buys the right to televise the product, it does not own anything just the right to put it in peoples homes. If anything it owes the players some respect and they should feel privileged to have the access they have.

Another article calling Bennett delusional after he called the media out lol

I read an article today quoting Laurie Daley saying the NRL should garnish Matt Lodge's wage. On what grounds could they possibly do that? Lol. Dense Daley.

Jesus Christ, the same dead horse bullshit on NRL 360. Kent goes on about Bennett shooting back at the media and how that "doesn't work anymore" (LOL well you're sitting there whinging about it dickhead so clearly it does still work) and how Yvonne is the only one who's been allowed to interview Lodge, and how he would like to "sit down with Lodge to ask MY questions".

So Lodge has to do multiple interviews repeating himself over and over to satisfy these lords of public opinion assholes. And can you even imagine how polarized the tone of A Paul Kent interview with Matt Lodge would be to Yvonne? Can you even imagine it. It would be a hatchet job of the highest order and just another opportunity to throw shade at big bad Bennett.

I just watched that League Life interview with Greenburg and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that i'll be adding League life to the ever growing pile of rugby league based shows that I will never watch again. currently on that pile is:

NRL 360
Thursday Footy Show
League Life

it is a shame as a rugby league fan that it is difficult to find quality rugby league shows to watch ... and that says more about the sports media than it does about the sport itself ... as the product is fucking brilliant.

but i don't think the guys in the media will be happy until they have killed the sport ... although that happiness will quickly fade, while they line up in the dole queues, when they can't find work as a legitimate journalists as they have no credibility left.

What surprised me the most about League Life was Greenburg's statement that he had seen the footage 18 months ago. So it's now abundantly clear that the release of the video was indeed deliberately timed and it is an attempt to derail the Broncos. The group or person who had the footage sat on it in order to cause the most harm. It should have been released immediately after all concerned organisations had finished their duties concerning the affair ( NRL, Intergrity shit, yada yada )

This is the most hypocritical, dumb, stupid ***** within a single video I've seen in a while.

"If Green is backing him a man of his stature"
"If Lodge is allowed, Carney has to be"

It's just so misleading, and so bad, and so hypocritical.

Glad I cancelled Foxtel, won't be giving those grubs a dollar of my money.

God that League Life grilling of Greenberg was hard to watch, 4 female SJW's backing him in to corners, speaking over him, putting words in his mouth and thinking they dictate how the game is run, pretty much sums up 2018 in a nutshell, equal rights is getting out of hand.

Thank **** I never have to watch that shit show again.

God that League Life grilling of Greenberg was hard to watch, 4 female SJW's backing him in to corners, speaking over him, putting words in his mouth and thinking they dictate how the game is run, pretty much sums up 2018 in a nutshell, equal rights is getting out of hand.

This exactly sums up my thoughts. The first and last time I watch that piece of shit show. I’m all for equality and a show with an all female panel, but these 4 are not the ones for it. Interviewing is about considering the responses and formulating your further questions based on that. It was clear these 4 had their questions already prepared and were going to ask them regardless. On top of that they couldn’t even muster the respect to let him finish his sentences.

They are 4 disgusting women. What shits me is if the situation was reversed and for males interviewed a female like that they would probably be out of a job this morning, yet these women are praised because they are pioneers or some shit.

This exactly sums up my thoughts. The first and last time I watch that piece of shit show. I’m all for equality and a show with an all female panel, but these 4 are not the ones for it. Interviewing is about considering the responses and formulating your further questions based on that. It was clear these 4 had their questions already prepared and were going to ask them regardless. On top of that they couldn’t even muster the respect to let him finish his sentences.

They are 4 disgusting women. What shits me is if the situation was reversed and for males interviewed a female like that they would probably be out of a job this morning, yet these women are praised because they are pioneers or some shit.

Agree it was a pathetic segment, but 99% of interviews are from pre-formed questions, it's called being prepared, in lieu of knowing how to handle unscripted responses, they reverted to social media type badgering.

What surprised me the most about League Life was Greenburg's statement that he had seen the footage 18 months ago. So it's now abundantly clear that the release of the video was indeed deliberately timed and it is an attempt to derail the Broncos. The group or person who had the footage sat on it in order to cause the most harm. It should have been released immediately after all concerned organisations had finished their duties concerning the affair ( NRL, Intergrity shit, yada yada )

How would it have been topical? Footage of a new Redcliffe player- stay tuned. Wouldn't have got 5 seconds of coverage. The NRL would have looked at it the first time Lodge tried to come back.

How would it have been topical? Footage of a new Redcliffe player- stay tuned. Wouldn't have got 5 seconds of coverage. The NRL would have looked at it the first time Lodge tried to come back.
Not quite sure how to perceive your response. My meaning was the footage should have been released which doesn't imply that it would be to the major news media, channel nine and the like but simply uploaded to the internet. If I've misunderstood your response, apologies.

Only made it halfway through. Is that actually the show's regular panel? Has any of them ever played?

If Lodge by his actions bought the game of Rugby League into disrepute three years ago, the media are guilty of the same charge by continually highlighting this incident in both the depth and manner that they are to serve their own self interests.
There is nothing Lodge can do, other than forfeiting his career, that can make this go away and unfortunately the general public will remain perplexed with our game until the media decide enough is enough.
Enough IS enough already.

I know this will go down like a lead balloon because everyone loves Vonny, but I thought she did terribly. I thought she was rude and it is clear he isn't overly bright (that's not a crime) and in mt personal opinion she took advantage of that to try and make him look bad.

As for Lodge I thought he was genuine and open. I was impressed.

Yeah I agree. I've always thought she was quite good at the roles she had done previously, but she should avoid doing any further interviews like that. She was terrible.

It seemed no matter what Lodge said, it wasn't enough, and her line of questioning to try and prompt more was terrible. Like when se was asking what he would say to his son about it (and I'm paraphrasing here)

Sampson: What will you tell your son?
Lodge: I'll be honest about it. Tell him I made a mistake. Hopefully it can help him learn from it. I just want to be a good dad, and point him in the right direction.
Sampson: But is that really enough?

What the hell does she expect him to say? He's already answered the question. What more can really be said on it?

Only made it halfway through. Is that actually the show's regular panel? Has any of them ever played?

Yeah it's the regular panel. I don't actually mind Sampson and Pitt. The other 2 are pretty ordinary imo, especially Hollis. I'm all for giving females roles, assuming they are on the same level as males (i.e just pick the best person for the role), but when picking Hollis they must have been going for the Brad Fittler level role of an all female show.

This is the most frustrating thing about sports journalism at the moment... they harp on saying Joe public wants to know this and know that.

But it's total BS... all Joe public wants to know is how their team is doing not some BS woman's day tabloid crap.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.