Matt Lodge Discussion

Agree it was a pathetic segment, but 99% of interviews are from pre-formed questions, it's called being prepared, in lieu of knowing how to handle unscripted responses, they reverted to social media type badgering.

Absolutely, never suggested not having pre-formed questions but you have to be able to amend on the fly based on the responses. Anyone can read out some questions, doesn’t make you a good interviewer.

Yeah I agree. I've always thought she was quite good at the roles she had done previously, but she should avoid doing any further interviews like that. She was terrible.

It seemed no matter what Lodge said, it wasn't enough, and her line of questioning to try and prompt more was terrible. Like when se was asking what he would say to his son about it (and I'm paraphrasing here)

Sampson: What will you tell your son?
Lodge: I'll be honest about it. Tell him I made a mistake. Hopefully it can help him learn from it. I just want to be a good dad, and point him in the right direction.
Sampson: But is that really enough?

What the hell does she expect him to say? He's already answered the question. What more can really be said on it?

This part is exactly what set me off. That was utterly ridiculous.

God that League Life grilling of Greenberg was hard to watch, 4 female SJW's backing him in to corners, speaking over him, putting words in his mouth and thinking they dictate how the game is run, pretty much sums up 2018 in a nutshell, equal rights is getting out of hand.

Thank **** I never have to watch that shit show again.
The cringiest shit.

Why does Matt Lodge deserve a second chance
"Because he's done X Y Z over multiple years and has satisfied multiple independent professionals that's he's fit and proper"

So the NRL supports violence against women now by accepting Lodge???

FMD. Just absolutely disgraceful.

So it’s the sports version of The View lol

May as well have gotten Jessica Rowe

Can we sack every 'journalist' involved with the NRL and actually just sell the product to AFL journalists? They have no idea about the sport, which is just perfect. Even without trying to promote it, they would do a far better job than the idiots currently doing league press.

Not quite sure how to perceive your response. My meaning was the footage should have been released which doesn't imply that it would be to the major news media, channel nine and the like but simply uploaded to the internet. If I've misunderstood your response, apologies.

No that's what I meant, no one would care and the media thus wouldn't care. People only cared when it was close to him becoming a Bronco two weeks ago.

The cringiest shit.

Why does Matt Lodge deserve a second chance
"Because he's done X Y Z over multiple years and has satisfied multiple independent professionals that's he's fit and proper"

So the NRL supports violence against women now by accepting Lodge???

FMD. Just absolutely disgraceful.
Perfectly summed up. I'd love to see Pitt and co talk to the PROFESSIONALS and the JUDGE who determined lodge has done enough. Professionals make mistakes but they certainly have more ability to objectively judge based on the facts and evidence then Lara Pitt does. I mean why the hell is it important if Greenberg talks to the family?! That made me laugh

The problem with Australian rugby league/sports journalism is that there is no objectivity to it. They do all have agendas, and no answer will change that-Bennett wasn't being a "paranoid Clint eastwood"

No agenda. Pfft. Just insulting our intelligence now.

Cop shit left right and centre for a plodder...

Sweet.

That said, he turned in an average performance so we won’t hear shit about him in the media again until he plays a blinder

Cop shit left right and centre for a plodder...

Sweet.

That said, he turned in an average performance so we won’t hear shit about him in the media again until he plays a blinder

He made the most metres of all our forwards. Not bad for a first game, he is far from a plodder.

Unfortunately this is the way it is in every sport now. We're saturated with coverage relating to the game.

In fact, it's hardly even about the game any more, it's about the people, the product, the money... **** I miss the old days.

He made the most metres of all our forwards. Not bad for a first game, he is far from a plodder.

He also dropped the ball and threw a beautiful pass to hunt for his try

Interesting to see people gloating online about Lodge’s handling errors and intercept pass.

I wonder where these same people will go when he has 10 weeks behind him and starts playing to his potential.

One good game doesn’t make a great player, just like one solid game with a few crucial errors doesn’t make a dud.

He looks like a dude who is grabbing his opportunity by the balls, and trying to make it his bitch.

I reckon Bennett just wants everyone to hate the Broncos again. We always play our best footy when Sydney hates us.

Lodge would be the last person I would blame for last night's train wreck. He was excellent, even with the couple of errors he looks far more reliable then Blair

He looked like Martin Kennedy 2.0 to me.

Though I was fucking hammered... maybe my expectations were unrealistic which affected my judgement

He looked like Martin Kennedy 2.0 to me.

Though I was fucking hammered... maybe my expectations were unrealistic which affected my judgement
I thought he was terrific, but guilty of trying too hard. I can forgive that considering 12-13 blokes were barely trying at all.

The intercept pass was unfortunate but it was obviously a planned move and over the last couple of years even Stevie Wonder can see our set plays coming a mile away.

I would say I’ll give him a second chance on watching the replay, but no way am I sitting through that shit again.

Clean slate next week

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.