OFFICIAL LOL. We have a new recruit, and you'll never guess who it is

Ben Ikin:

“Billy won’t be coming here this year but he will definitely be at the Broncos in 2022. It will be a one-year deal. Where he plays is to be determined by the coach, but Billy has great utility value so I’d say that’s where he will start. Depending on how Billy plays and how the team performs and how we go with injuries, things could evolve across the season.”

Billy walters

Surprise!

Madge:

“Billy won’t be here next year. He has fitted in really well, he is a real professional and a great young guy. I wish him well.”

Scott Sattler:

“Billy might get some flak, but it comes with having a famous footballing surname when you are the son of a legend. Kevvie might get some criticism for signing his son, but the only way to answer it is for Billy to play good football. If he plays well for the Broncos, it won’t matter if his dad is the coach. It’s a good signing. The utility role is crucial in today’s game and Billy will fit into the Broncos well, he’s a handy player with an infectious personality.”

McHunt

Early in the year i was ok with billy as a 14, but given the depth of other back up halves/utilities: paix, gamble, kelly and croft, it is questionable if we need him.

I gather he will just take levi's base level spot but i hope it does not impact mams pathway who i see as a future 6 that could work well with reynolds.

Like I posted before they were pushing for Billy and Jake this season.
Expect Jake to be announced soon.

Ben ikin: "The reason behind this is because the father and son duo have been filmed tag teaming my dear friend's (aka Shed's) missus.
Based on performance, Billy wouldn’t get a run and Kev would finish last.

Based on performance, Billy wouldn’t get a run and Kev would finish last.
More like Billy would get a few runs and put in solid performances and Kevvie will get plenty of backup from the old boys no matter how he performs cause he's a legend.

I’ve only seen billy play once and that was when the tigers put a clinic on us

Dosen't mean he doesn't offer something . This is your so called solid , non dickhead signing that you love so much but now are unhappy with. ??

Yep, its rubbish because we are bringing in a player to fill a role where we already have plenty already at the club. We have Paix, Croft, Gamble, Kelly and Hetherington who can offer us in one way or another what Billy does. We dont need another player who can fill in at hooker or half. If he played in a position we are short in its a different story.

I get how this works.

if the signing is popular, then Ikin/DD get the credit

if the signing is unpopular, then Ikin/DD get absolved of the blame, that goes to Kevvie instead ...

right, gotcha
Surely in the case of this signing there is one particular extenuating circumstance? Surely?

Yep, its rubbish because we are bringing in a player to fill a role where we already have plenty already at the club. We have Paix, Croft, Gamble, Kelly and Hetherington who can offer us in one way or another what Billy does. We dont need another player who can fill in at hooker or half. If he played in a position we are short in its a different story.
You can take Hetherington from your list and I'm not sure if Croft will be around. Hard to say when you don't have a clue what the roster will be , so you are assuming we will have to many hooker half options.

Any other
You can take Hetherington from your list and I'm not sure if Croft will be around. Hard to say when you don't have a clue what the roster will be , so you are assuming we will have to many hooker half options.

Why take him off my list? because it doesnt suit your argument? He played enough hooker to be an option and if we need him there we would use him. I dont think Croft will go anywhere tbh, he's on too good a contract here and he probably hasnt done enough for anyone else to want him. We are negotiating with Kelly by all accounts, Gamble has just signed a contract so like i said, we have 5 players already here that can offer what Billy does. Even if we lose Croft, we are still well stocked. I doubt we are losing 3 out of the 5 players i mentioned to warrant signing him, and its hardly like he is a Cody Walker player who dominated in ISC.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.