LOLZing on the AFL field

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Just saw this on sports tonight. And to think they call the NRL 'thugby'.

Carlton's Setanta O'hAilpin could be sacked after kicking and punching team-mate Cameron Cloke during an intra-club match.

Blues coach Brett Ratten refused to rule out the possibility of the club tearing up the Irishman's contract following the sensational off-the-ball incident during the third quarter of the match at Princes Park.

O'hAilpin struck Cloke with a left fist to the head and then kicked the ruckman while he lay on the ground.

"Reflecting on what has happened, it's not part of our game," Ratten said.

"We'll sit down with Setanta and work through that. We'll look at it as it's a poor act.

"I think in practice matches, you go through history and training in general, there's all the argy-bargy and... things like that.

"But that is not part of our game.

"[Setanta] has gone home and we'll give him time to cool off and have a think about his actions. And we'll take it up this afternoon."

When asked whether the incident could prompt Carlton to sack O'hAilpin, Ratten replied: "We'll have to sit down and talk about all the issues."

The match was held up for 15 minutes as both players were taken from the field, with Cloke being examined by the club's medical staff.

Neither player returned to the action and the game was stopped at the end of the third quarter.

As the intra-club match was being officiated by AFL umpires, O'hAilpin could be reported for the incident.

O'hAilpin, 24, who was a hurling star in Ireland, has played 46 games in four seasons for the Blues.

That was horrid, decked him one then kicked him while he was on the ground. Real manly thing to do!

I find it interesting that a player would so savagely beat his own teammate, but when Barry Hall knocked Staker out not one single West Coast player backed him up.

I'd be angry if had a weird name like that too.

CableChannel O'rAndomCapItaLisatiOn

I didn't think it was THAT bad. He decked him sure and should cop a ban but the kick was a tap basically.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I didn't think it was THAT bad. He decked him sure and should cop a ban but the kick was a tap basically.

You'd wanna hope so - even a tap in the nuts farking hurts!!

I saw the incident. Bloke was just getting into the spirit, making it a genuine contest. Sooky la la gAyFL players!

I'd kill myself too if I had a surname like... COMBS!

Nashy said:
I'd kill myself too if I had a surname like... COMBS!

All you do is sit at home, play with your tits all day and look at your ass at the same time.

Unread

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.