Looking to change internet providers

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Have been with Telstra for 15 years or so, I reckon I've saved myself $500 by reading the bill over that time, maybe more, the amount to times they charged me incorrectly is absurd. Hate them with a passion, but the speeds and reliability of the net itself has been flawless for the last 5 years, that's the only reason I've stuck around.
Yeah I've been with them for about that length too, I'm still with them for mobile. Cable Internet with them was fantastic, absolutely flawless really and there was no competition, it was a choice of good Internet or shit ADSL with good customer service...

Their NBN though has been crap, constant drop outs, crap provided router, crap pings to international servers. It's great to have some competition.

Last edited:

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Yeah I've been with them for about that length too, I'm still with them for mobile. Cable Internet with them was fantastic, absolutely flawless really and there was no competition, it was a choice of good Internet or shit ADSL with good customer service...

Their NBN though has been crap, constant drop outs, crap provided router, crap pings to international servers. It's great to have some competition.
I'm dreading the switch to NBN, which will be happening end of this year here. Definitely not staying with Telstra, although I am really happy with their product where I am now, be it cable broadband (turbo charge) or mobile phones lease plans.

You definitely have to watch their bills like a hawk, as they will overcharge you with ease if you drop the ball.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm dreading the switch to NBN, which will be happening end of this year here. Definitely not staying with Telstra, although I am really happy with their product where I am now, be it cable broadband (turbo charge) or mobile phones lease plans.

You definitely have to watch their bills like a hawk, as they will overcharge you with ease if you drop the ball.
You'll lose a little bit of speed, but otherwise you should have a better experience with any other provider on HFC NBN.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I lost about 15 on the DL but gain 30 on the UL so I just see it as a trade off I guess. For the few times I want to upload sometime it's nice having a really fast upload.

Just fucking release 1000/400 already. Stupid NBN "no demand" well obviously not when you can't buy it. The infrastructure supports it, flick the damn switch.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I lost about 15 on the DL but gain 30 on the UL so I just see it as a trade off I guess. For the few times I want to upload sometime it's nice having a really fast upload.

Just fucking release 1000/400 already. Stupid NBN "no demand" well obviously not when you can't buy it. The infrastructure supports it, flick the damn switch.
I'm not sure the last bit is completely true. Given it's NBN, it's more likely that "The HFC system supports it but the useless back network doesn't"

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm not sure the last bit is completely true. Given it's NBN, it's more likely that "The HFC system supports it but the useless back network doesn't"
My particular area is setup with Docsis 3.1, only thing stopping the ISP from providing it is the absurd cost NBN attaches to it. My understanding is many sites are enabled for it but it's upto ISP's to adopt it but no one will when the pricing structure is still stupid.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
My particular area is setup with Docsis 3.1, only thing stopping the ISP from providing it is the absurd cost NBN attaches to it. My understanding is many sites are enabled for it but it's upto ISP's to adopt it but no one will when the pricing structure is still stupid.
How do you find that out?

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
You sure they didn't **** it up? You're still posting from SuperLoop.
I haven’t restarted my NBN box, maybe that’s why?

I got the text from Aussie BB saying all connected...

I’ll just restart now and see if that changes anything.

My other thought is that the superloop month finishes in a few days and maybe it’ll switch over then?

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
You sure they didn't **** it up? You're still posting from SuperLoop.
8657B510-DC03-4F60-AA84-7B7FA139F16C.png

The question begs though, why are you looking at my IP? Surely you are busier than that?

Thanks for noticing, though. I had wondered, without being concerned.

Restarting NBN box and router now.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Hopefully this doesn’t expose a fuckup in my connection because I’m halfway through marking 120+ assignments...

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Loser-error. Needed to change ports from UNI-D2 to UNI-D1.

All worked out 30 seconds prior to coming first in the queue.

Win either way. Will have two connections for a month, so will have to download many... Linux distro’s...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter