Looking to change internet providers

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep

- Merged

24 hr settling in period.......I'm pretty stoked.

Downloaded a shit ton of "movies" already. It's a mere 1-3 minutes wait for DL.

Fucken cheerin' !!

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Please sir...have you been following this thread? I've stated it several times prior !
Been informed today by TPG that I'm now NBN ready....technician appointment confirmed.

I've gone for the top level speed........cost $89.99/mnth....unlimited data. 😎

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Kimlo Kimlo advised me today the Vodafone were doing BYO modem, 70 a month for 100Mbps.

Signed up, got a discount off my phone and net, switched over already. Speeds I've checked today have been on par with Aussie.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Kimlo Kimlo advised me today the Vodafone were doing BYO modem, 70 a month for 100Mbps.

Signed up, got a discount off my phone and net, switched over already. Speeds I've checked today have been on par with Aussie.
Awesome! Cheers for that, I’ll be churning tomorrow.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Awesome! Cheers for that, I’ll be churning tomorrow.
I'm going to move wife up from $30 a month to $35 which will bring us to 3 eligible services for a 10% off each service, as opposed to the current 5% off the internet, and my phone.

Its offered on top of any loyalty discounts they give too, so I have 15% off my phone, and will get another 10% off that. If you have VF services, it's fantastic value.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I'm going to move wife up from $30 a month to $35 which will bring us to 3 eligible services for a 10% off each service, as opposed to the current 5% off the internet, and my phone.

Its offered on top of any loyalty discounts they give too, so I have 15% off my phone, and will get another 10% off that. If you have VF services, it's fantastic value.
I have to stick to the Telstra network with truck driving in regional/rural areas unfortunately. I can’t really complain as I’m with Aldi and only paying about $8/month unlimited.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I have to stick to the Telstra network with truck driving in regional/rural areas unfortunately. I can’t really complain as I’m with Aldi and only paying about $8/month unlimited.
Yeah, twice a year they sell the $99/yr packs. I bought one last year and just recently ‘recharged’ the same deal, not needing to buy another pack at Aldi. It was lucky because they sell out so fast and I missed it in August because I got to the store a day late.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Also changed to Voda this morning. Took 5 minutes for the switch over, instead of going to $99p/m I get $69 p/m for the next 6 months. I'll change provider again in 6 months unless Vodafone prove to be bad. Speeds seem identical for now.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
In typical large telco style, you're not going to believe who's end they believe this is. "It must be your modem sir"

Never mind that even with a confirmed fault, the down to the minutes failure time being repeated every hour, is an odd one. To run a few line tests, say all good, I think Telstra must have trained them up.

They made me factory reset the modem, and also change my wifi channels. Nevermind it happens on ethernet too, but that should do the trick they think. Asked me to monitor it for 24 hours and call back, I said I'll monitor it for three, and they can call me back then to talk about the network guarantee which I'll be taking them up on.

You can **** around with my mobile speed, but don't you provide me shit fixed line, a Nashy with no broadband is a very, very upset Nashy.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Vodafone insisted it was my modem, I insisted that it wasn't. Will give Superloop a go, hope they connect it today.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Sounds like my issue with TPG - the modem fried itself, so I rang them and spent a stupid amount of time trying to go through their troubleshooting and explain things to them. They refused to send out a replacement modem (was using one of their dogshit supplied ones) as they seemed to think it was fine. So I said **** it and churned to Exetel. No issues so far, and great value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter