NEWS Lord Vlandys Speaks

Has this fucking clown done a single good thing for this game?
I know a few people who had grown tired of the game are actually watching the faster product

I know a few people who had grown tired of the game are actually watching the faster product

Really? Who? The people I know can't stand it, even some rusted on fans but to be honest, I put that a lot down to the fact the Broncs are deadset rubbish.

Really? Who? The people I know can't stand it, even some rusted on fans but to be honest, I put that a lot down to the fact the Broncs are deadset rubbish.
My old man and a couple of mates. I'm not overly fussed either way. I don't watch any games overly closely anymore on account of how shit we are.

Other way for me, and just about any other leaague fan I know. Watching one neutral team blow out another by 30 points is far less exciting than watching a game where one play can turn the lead.

I think there needs to be a cap on what Juniors get offered out of under 20's, with the main team getting the ability to offer more than what rivals do.

I’d hazard a guess the only few people are Roosters, Storm, Panthers, Parra or Rabbits supporters across Australia.

Because everyone else is over it and I’m sure if Uncle Nick was getting pasted by 40, things would change rather quick

I’d hazard a guess the only few people are Roosters, Storm, Panthers, Parra or Rabbits supporters across Australia.

Because everyone else is over it and I’m sure if Uncle Nick was getting pasted by 40, things would change rather quick

Once one of the players he didn't want injured goes down, he'll be on board.

I still can't believe how gullible people were regarding a sudden change a few years ago with the crackdown. I think it was 2018, the NRL copped it for years about the ruck so they FINALLY gave the refs the direction to properly crack down on. Lots and lots of penalties but the wrestle was slowly but surely getting eradicated. The 2 teams with the biggest change in "form", the roosters and storm. About 12 weeks in after constant pressure from the media they changed them back, That'd what the fans wanted they said. BULLSHIT! Every fan of a team outside of those 2 were happy to cop it until these teams learnt! The storm and roosters knew the NRL would buckle with a little help from the media. The 2 teams in the gf that year...........

I still can't believe how gullible people were regarding a sudden change a few years ago with the crackdown. I think it was 2018, the NRL copped it for years about the ruck so they FINALLY gave the refs the direction to properly crack down on. Lots and lots of penalties but the wrestle was slowly but surely getting eradicated. The 2 teams with the biggest change in "form", the roosters and storm. About 12 weeks in after constant pressure from the media they changed them back, That'd what the fans wanted they said. BULLSHIT! Every fan of a team outside of those 2 were happy to cop it until these teams learnt! The storm and roosters knew the NRL would buckle with a little help from the media. The 2 teams in the gf that year...........
I think it was storm vs sharks opener that had 31 penalties or something I loved it, I said to myself finally 90’s footy will be back soon. Then Joey, Gus went on and on and onnnnnn about no one wants to see this many penalties. I screamed at my telly **** off i do, I want the wrestling gone. Devastated when they buckled under media/whoever was losing out (cough storm roosters) it sure wasn’t the fucking fans complaining.

The 6 again has made the rucks even slower, go figure....

I think it was storm vs sharks opener that had 31 penalties or something I loved it, I said to myself finally 90’s footy will be back soon. Then Joey, Gus went on and on and onnnnnn about no one wants to see this many penalties. I screamed at my telly **** off i do, I want the wrestling gone. Devastated when they buckled under media/whoever was losing out (cough storm roosters) it sure wasn’t the fucking fans complaining.

The 6 again has made the rucks even slower, go figure....
IMO...the wrestle was never a problem and has always been part of the game. The refs made it a problem by not policing it well enough.

The random, ambiguous......pull it out of your arse anytime you feel like it, 6 again rule.....has fucked the game right now....and is directly responsible for the avalanche scorelines we are seeing right now.

Wouldn’t a reserve grade comp be better than bringing back under 20s? Having the young guys play with men at a different level to NRL would improve them far better than letting them have massive blowouts and not bothering with defence at all.

PVL is honestly throwing darts at a wall when picking this shit. There’s no actual logic or reasoning behind his thoughts and it’s setting the game back decades.

Can the Broncos first grade side join the 20s? They might have a chance at making the 8.

I reckon next year we will be going back to old rules, broadcasters are going to be heaping pressure on the NRL to go back to the old way as people shut off the TV well before the games are done as every game is a smashing.

I reckon next year we will be going back to old rules, broadcasters are going to be heaping pressure on the NRL to go back to the old way as people shut off the TV well before the games are done as every game is a smashing.

I read round 1 had record ratings. Have you actually seen any figures about ratings going down or are you guessing?

I hope there is, because these rules suck and only bad ratings will make them change course.

I read round 1 had record ratings. Have you actually seen any figures about ratings going down or are you guessing?

I hope there is, because these rules suck and only bad ratings will make them change course.
I have read and heard commentators say plenty of times this season that the fans love the new 6 again rule, they love the pace of the game, and the game is better than ever.
I have yet to meet, or talk to a fan of any team that shares the sentiment the commentators are being coached to say.
That being said, i would not be surprised if the ratings are pretty good this year, but i feel that has more to do with the fact we had a bizarre season last year than anything else, and people are appreciating some normalcy wherever they can get it.

I have read and heard commentators say plenty of times this season that the fans love the new 6 again rule, they love the pace of the game, and the game is better than ever.
I have yet to meet, or talk to a fan of any team that shares the sentiment the commentators are being coached to say.
That being said, i would not be surprised if the ratings are pretty good this year, but i feel that has more to do with the fact we had a bizarre season last year than anything else, and people are appreciating some normalcy wherever they can get it.
On the flipside, I don't think the broadcasters will give a **** what they're coached to say if viewers start dipping early, advertiser's start threatening to lower their budgets in response to lower numbers and revenue dives.

For all I know though, this fast paced trash league could be something the average person loves because there's more trys which is more "excitement". Maybe us rusted on fans who love real rugby league, with ebbs, flows, tension, working hard for every try, are a minority.

On the flipside, I don't think the broadcasters will give a **** what they're coaches to say if viewers start ripping early, advertiser's start threatening to lower their budgets in response to lower numbers and revenue dives.

For all I know though, this fact paced trash league could be something the average person loves because there's more trys which is more "excitement". Maybe us rusted on fans who love real rugby league, with ebbs, flows, tension, working hard for every try, are a minority.
Yep at the sake of sounding like an old fart i agree and have wondered if this pace and style of league is more appealing to the millennial and younger generations of NRL fans.

I guess its all bout balance, and i believe the NRL have swung too far in a new direction too quickly.
The proof is in the record breaking blowouts this season has seen after only 5 rounds and the conversations going on around the large gap between the competitive teams and the teams at the bottom.

I suppose the question has to be asked as well, if the Broncos were 1st to 4th on the ladder right now, would my opinion of the rule changes be different, and i don't think it would.
I saw some 6 again calls in the games yesterday that pissed me right off, and that's watching sides i dont care about.

Yep at the sake of sounding like an old fart i agree and have wondered if this pace and style of league is more appealing to the millennial and younger generations of NRL fans.

I guess its all bout balance, and i believe the NRL have swung too far in a new direction too quickly.
The proof is in the record breaking blowouts this season has seen after only 5 rounds and the conversations going on around the large gap between the competitive teams and the teams at the bottom.

I suppose the question has to be asked as well, if the Broncos were 1st to 4th on the ladder right now, would my opinion of the rule changes be different, and i don't think it would.
I saw some 6 again calls in the games yesterday that pissed me right off, and that's watching sides i dont care about.
I think it's fair to say, no one likes blown out scores other than the team on top.

I think we can agree it's pretty universal that a close game is a good game so surely this shit isn't going down well with fans. More trys 30-36 I guess there'd be an argument some people may prefer it, but surely no one enjoys seeing teams get blown off, and the underdogs having zero chance of victory.

The media seem to only publish ratings if it's good publicity, unless I'm mistaken and they can be found somewhere publicly

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.