Luke Patten

Bernard Sutton was the video ref last night, at least according to NRLstats.

Ah, so he did have an influence then. I wonder if they release audio from the video ref box?

"Bernie, push the no try button or ​I will give you SUCH a pinch"

Qld will never get any of these 50:50 decisions with Patten in the box. That's a given. These contests are so close that there is always a good chance the result will hinge on a video ref decision. Patten will come back to hurt us again and again and again.

I would scrap the video refs all together. You would still get mistakes, but so what? The refs would have to actually use their brains a bit more and back their decision making.

NFL system:

Video booth for the head referee.
Only review tries when necessary and have 2 or 3 captain challenges per team / per game.

The issue is they don't follow their own rules. Conclusive evidence to overturn is subjective to each refs interpretation

There was not definitive evidence that it was a no try. Therefore should have stuck with referee's ruling.

Honestly I wish GI just let himself get tackled 10 meters out and it's play on.

Thus the stupidity of the rule. He gets tackled we score next play nothing gets said

...which *should* also be taken into account with decisions.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.