Making the 8: who to back this weekend

In an ideal world, the best thing to happen would be a Broncos v Storm grand final where we win again. This is my #1 football fantasy.

In an ideal world, the best thing to happen would be a Broncos v Storm grand final where we win again. This is my #1 football fantasy.
Wouldn't a Broncos/Cowboys rematch be the better option? We already beat Melb, we still owe NQ a GF heartbreak. That's my #1 fantasy although with the current state of both clubs, we could be waiting awhile.

Wouldn't a Broncos/Cowboys rematch be the better option? We already beat Melb, we still owe NQ a GF heartbreak. That's my #1 fantasy although with the current state of both clubs, we could be waiting awhile.
Combine the 2. Score on the final siren to beat melbourne in the prelim (make up for that 2008 prelim loss). Then beat the cowboys in the final.

Winning the premiership is my fantasy

Right now couldn't give a bugger what team we beat to do it :)

Top Eight R us. Thanks Doggies!

TL;DR: Need Broncos to beat Cowboys and Bulldogs to beat Tigers.

...................................................................................................................................................

THURSDAY

Cowboys (H) v Broncos: Must win for us. (CRUCIAL) GOOD OUTCOME

FRIDAY

Warriors (H) v Sea Eagles: A win for Manly neutralises NZ as a threat and sticks it to the Rabbitohs. BAD OUTCOME, WARRIORS REMAIN A THREAT

Panthers (H) v Sharks: A Penrith win knocks out the Sharks, and Penrith's inferior points differential may work in our favour. GOOD OUTCOME

SATURDAY

Titans
v Dragons (H): Titans are our homeboys. **** the Dragons. IRRELEVANT

Eels
(H) v Knights: We'd prefer to sink the Knights lower down the table. EXCELLENT OUTCOME

Bulldogs
(H) v Tigers: If Canterbury beat Balmain and we beat the Cowboys we should go back into the 8. If the Tigers win we won't. (CRITICAL) EXCELLENT OUTCOME

SUNDAY

Raiders
(H) v Roosters: Much of a muchness who wins this one. IRRELEVANT

Storm
(away) v Rabbitohs (away): Let's stick it to Wayne. IRRELEVANT

Weekend summary:

WE REMAIN IN THE EIGHT, with immediate threats from the SHARKS, TIGERS & WARRIORS.

A win against the PANTHERS next weekend will elevate us to 7th position. A loss will keep us at 8 but only if both the SHARKS & TIGERS LOSE, and the WARRIORS lose (or win with a points differential coming into play).

Last edited:
Next weekend could be enormous for us. Should we beat the Panthers and our nearest rivals fall as is likely we could be a game and a half clear of our nearest rivals.
No, not so clear of the Panthers but our other big rivals, West Tits, Porpoises and Worriers.
Two of them have very tough matches. Namely Manly-Tigpies and Roosters-Worriers. Sharks have a traditional rivalry with St Merge so that could be a tough one to win.

We absolutely must beat Penrith though🙏

Last edited:
Next weekend could be enormous for us. Should we beat the Panthers and our nearest rivals fall as is likely we could be a game and a half clear of our nearest rivals.
No, not so clear of the Panthers but our other big rivals, West Tits, Porpoises and Worriers.
Two of them have very tough matches. Namely Manly-Tigpies and Roosters-Worriers. Sharks have a traditional rivalry with St Merge so that could be a tough one to win.

We absolutely must beat Penrith though🙏
Agree. If we can't beat Penrith, we don't belong in the Eight: they do. We NEED to beat Penrith, but the week after will be even more interesting: we WANT to beat Souths. That's the game that'll be tightening Seib's sphincter when he wakes up at 2am in a lather of sweat.

Good thread @McHunt
I think we'll fall short, it feels like poker and we're dodging like 12 outs when all in.

Well Sportsbet currently have us at 1.65 to make the 8 so that is either massive unders or they think we are a real chance.

Well Sportsbet currently have us at 1.65 to make the 8 so that is either massive unders or they think we are a real chance.
Of course we're a real chance: we're in the Eight now. Maybe we're rated higher than Penrith because we have a slightly better points diff, but more likely because we're a more fancied club historically. We almost always make the playoffs and we have more fans willing to back us.

Of course we're a real chance: we're in the Eight now. Maybe we're rated higher than Penrith because we have a slightly better points diff, but more likely because we're a more fancied club historically. We almost always make the playoffs and we have more fans willing to back us.

Yeah I get all that but I still think we’re 50/50 at most ie 2.00 with the bookies.
We have some tough games coming up - Souffs & Parra and going on our performance against the cows would be outsiders to win those games.

Yeah I get all that but I still think we’re 50/50 at most ie 2.00 with the bookies.
We have some tough games coming up - Souffs & Parra and going on our performance against the cows would be outsiders to win those games.
The odds given by the bookies don't really reflect the true odds even though they are sometimes very close. It's the weight of money which dictates.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • Ozired
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • teampjta
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • cento
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.