Making the 8: who to back this weekend

The odds given by the bookies don't really reflect the true odds even though they are sometimes very close. It's the weight of money which dictates.
You would have thought weight wouldn’t normally be a measurement used for money - wouldn’t it just be easier if they counted it 🤷‍♂️?

... thanks, I’m here all week!

They often count money by weighing it.
It was only meant to be a stupid joke mate, not to be taken literally.

Or is this one of those ‘Inception’ moments, with multiple layers of literal comments? Or have I over analysed? So many questions!

Comments on the internet are such a hard thing to decipher some times.

Anyway; I remember taking my oversized novelty $20 money tin into the bank when I was younger and watching them dump all my coins into a machine that weighed them rather than counted them.

At around 10 years old, my mind was blown.

Anyway; I remember taking my oversized novelty $20 money tin into the bank when I was younger and watching them dump all my coins into a machine that weighed them rather than counted them.

At around 10 years old, my mind was blown.
As a point of trivia this would only work if you sorted the coins into copper and silver, and then separated the 50c pieces. New 50c's would need to be weighed separately from old as their weights differ.

Getting more modern, Gold ($1 & $2) would also need to be weighed separately by denomination.

Banks would be more likely to have a machine that sorted by both dimension and weight to reject fakes, imperfections and foreign coins.

Last edited:
As a point of trivia this would only work if you sorted the coins into copper and silver, and then separated the 50c pieces. New 50c's would need to be weighed separately from old as their weights differ.

Getting more modern, Gold ($1 & $2) would also need to be weighed separately by denomination.

Banks would be more likely to have a machine that sorted by both dimension and weight to reject fakes, imperfections and foreign coins.
It was the 90’s and rather than tip them all over the carpet in the bedroom floor, separate into piles and then count and tally in a notebook like I did - the fact they had a machine that did it automatically was what truly fascinated me.

What about when you would count your coins out three times and get like $58. Strut into the bank like Connor McGregor and hand your tin over.
They put it through the machine and say, "Here's your $54, sir".
You're like, "WTF. I know you're ripping me off, you pricks but I'll take my $54".

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.