Mal off to the Kangaroos

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/12/qld-report-mal-meninga-is-no-longer-maroons-coach/

In some breaking Origin news, Queensland have confirmed that Mal Meninga is no longer the Maroons Origin coach.

Fox Sports reports: "QRL chairman Peter Betros confirms Mal Meninga is no longer the Queensland coach."
It's understood Mal Meninga will take over as Australian coach, with reports an official announcement will be made by the NRL tomorrow.

Really not happy about this. I know I will cop a bit of crap for saying this but I don't care: I don't give a **** about International RL. I would've preferred he stay with QLD.

Alas, it seems he's made his choice. Watching the New South Wankers getting a boner over QLD getting weaker so that they actually have a chance is nauseating.

I agree. **** International league, and **** NSW. I bet they pushed for this shit.

That sucks, wonder who will take over, probably Hagan right?

I don't think we'll lose much with Mal no longer being coach. Would've been nice to see him get #10 though.

Thanks for the decade of domination Mal , what a way to finish (52-6) Best of luck with the Kangaroos job , its time to put those bloody kiwis back in their place .

I don't like it for two reasons - one because I'd rather he stay our coach. But two, for reasons of parity, didn't they ban state coaches from coaching the Kangaroos because of perceived or real bias? Is Mal going to all of a sudden going to be able to pretend he doesn't love Queensland? And even if he does coach to his potential, are NSW players going to give their all for him?

TLDR, weakens both Qld and Aus teams. **** off.

I think Hagan could take over.

He no longer has any club ties.

The shittest thing out of this for me is the favourite to take over is walters, so we would lose a pretty important piece of the broncos because qld want a fulltime coach

If you had have told me at the start of 2006 that Mal Meninga would end up the greatest Origin coach of all-time, I would have considered it crazy. Here was a guy who basically took the Raiders and everything they had built and crashed it into the ground, and he was supposed to prevent a record forth straight? However, like Fatty Vautin before him, Mal defied expectations and produced the unbelievable. While Fatty only managed it across one series, Mal managed nine series victories. I believe the Origin arena has seen better tacticians and better motivators but in terms of overall ability, Mal is the best of all-time.

The key to Mal's success was his ability to learn from his mistakes. Looking through past team-sheets, there were a few headscratchers over the year, yet Mal usually learned quickly and would respond with all the right changes. The only blemish for Mal was 2014, yet I don't think there was anything he could have done for Game II that year. The Maroons gave everything but the loss of Tate and Scott mid-game just proved too much of a hurdle for the Maroons to overcome.

I think it's stupid that Mal has to give up his Origin position in order to coach the Australian side. It wasn't like he had too much on his plate at Origin level and any question of bias isn't going to go away since he gave up the position. It just seems like rules gone mad. With that said, I'm glad Mal is on board as the Australian coach. I don't think fans ever got on board with Sheens and I trust Mal's selections more. I'm sure he'll toss up some doozies but he'll get it right much quicker than Sheens ever did.

As for the replacement, I'd hate to see the Maroons go back to Hagan. Mick has been fine as the assistant, but his tenure as head coach was really mediocre capped off with three very uninspired Game III performances which would have to rank right up there as the Maroons worse. I reckon it's time to give Kevie a shot. This is somebody who has coached at just about every level for 12-13 years. He's had his share of success along the way and I think he can help the Maroons make that transition for life after Billy, JT and Smith.

Otherwise, just give it to the Walkers. :laugh:

If you had have told me at the start of 2006 that Mal Meninga would end up the greatest Origin coach of all-time, I would have considered it crazy. Here was a guy who basically took the Raiders and everything they had built and crashed it into the ground, and he was supposed to prevent a record forth straight? However, like Fatty Vautin before him, Mal defied expectations and produced the unbelievable. While Fatty only managed it across one series, Mal managed nine series victories. I believe the Origin arena has seen better tacticians and better motivators but in terms of overall ability, Mal is the best of all-time.

The key to Mal's success was his ability to learn from his mistakes. Looking through past team-sheets, there were a few headscratchers over the year, yet Mal usually learned quickly and would respond with all the right changes. The only blemish for Mal was 2014, yet I don't think there was anything he could have done for Game II that year. The Maroons gave everything but the loss of Tate and Scott mid-game just proved too much of a hurdle for the Maroons to overcome.

I think it's stupid that Mal has to give up his Origin position in order to coach the Australian side. It wasn't like he had too much on his plate at Origin level and any question of bias isn't going to go away since he gave up the position. It just seems like rules gone mad. With that said, I'm glad Mal is on board as the Australian coach. I don't think fans ever got on board with Sheens and I trust Mal's selections more. I'm sure he'll toss up some doozies but he'll get it right much quicker than Sheens ever did.

As for the replacement, I'd hate to see the Maroons go back to Hagan. Mick has been fine as the assistant, but his tenure as head coach was really mediocre capped off with three very uninspired Game III performances which would have to rank right up there as the Maroons worse. I reckon it's time to give Kevie a shot. This is somebody who has coached at just about every level for 12-13 years. He's had his share of success along the way and I think he can help the Maroons make that transition for life after Billy, JT and Smith.

Otherwise, just give it to the Walkers. :laugh:

Exactly that.

If they go with Kevie, do we actually lose him? Given he's not actually a head coach, only an assistant. The argument could be made, surely.

Well the Kangaroos need a mentor and some new management and this is a good start. Hope he brings success back to the Kangaroos.

@ Morkel; Going by your logic NSW players never gave their all for Wayne Bennett and QLD players never gave their all for Bob Fulton, Ricky Stuart, Tim Sheens?

Well the Kangaroos need a mentor and some new management and this is a good start. Hope he brings success back to the Kangaroos.

@ Morkel; Going by your logic NSW players never gave their all for Wayne Bennett and QLD players never gave their all for Bob Fulton, Ricky Stuart, Tim Sheens?

None of them suddenly quit their post of actively buttfucking the opposition for 10 years. They were all known as club coaches, working up to state, working up to country. Mal's done nothing for 20 years except rape NSW.

The QLD players would have given every last drop; that's the way they are. They'd never leave without putting in everything they have which is why they are the deserved and indisputable champions of Australian Rugby League.

On the contrary the poor pathetic excuses for human beings who occasionally turn out in loser blue, plastered with the logos of third-rate Victorian pisswater, can't even put in when ths game's on the line. The culture is full of near enough is good enough spouting halfwits who believe half the hype the Terror churns out about them every year during origin season. Tossers like Gallen, the world's best hooker Farrah and half a game Hayne very rarely give their all for anyone other than themselves.

And nobody gave their all for Ricky "Fucking" Stuart and nobody ever will.

I think a NSW player may struggle to "buy into" Mals way of coaching, possibly due to the rape, but I don't think they'd make a deliberate effort to be shit. I hope that any player who pulls on the green and gold will give their all.

I also think that Mal will do a far better job of bridging the gap between the 2 groups (QLD and NSW) than Sheens ever did. Hopefully get them playing like a unit again.

Hopefully Mal goes about eradicating every last NSW stench that an Australian dressing room has ever had.

Best way for Australia to go up is to have the QLD team swap jersey's for green and gold....and to have NSW relegated to just giving the QLD Australia team practice game time by playing the SOO series.

Daley is stoked..

12346392_1067543703277706_264327629818616504_n.jpg

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • davidp
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • TimWhatley
  • Scorchie
  • Battler
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.