Man of the Match

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Did the selectors get lazy and go with a default option (aka Cam Smith)?

I believe so.

Will Chambers, Mat Scott, Cooper Cronk & Justin Hodges were all brilliant.

Billy wasn't too bad himself.

If you had to pick 1 player who would it be?

On first glance, I'm going Will Chambers. In a game built on field territory, Chambers made over 200m and really did a great job of getting Queensland on the front foot. Made a huge difference compared to Hopoate and Tupou.

Scott for mine. He was immense. Chambers is a great shout as well.

To answer the question, they 100% went the default option. Always a value bet going for Cam or Thurston to get Motm.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Guerra. I really thought he made a difference. He defended exceptionally well and all his runs had impact. I really rate this guy and reckon he'll be part of the squad for many years to come.

Chambers easy. Hodges close behind him. Those 2 made so many dummy half runs of 10 or more metres. Inglis should take note

Did the selectors get lazy and go with a default option (aka Cam Smith)?

I believe so.

Nope ...I think they got it right. The players you mention did put it great efforts,

but

If Smith leaves the field....we lose that game.

he was superb at slowing the ruck....organising field position...and on top of that, 56 tackles.

Plenty of smart metres gained out of dummy half as well.

If Smith leaves the field....we lose that game.

Could say that about anyone in the spine to be honest.

Smith only moreso because Morgan isn't as good out of dummy half.

Chambers, doing the same role Tate did for us getting us out of trouble - repeatedly.

Chambers was outstanding. And agree with Scott, Hodges and Cronk being top of the tree as well.

Parker was his typical consistent best, thought he took some really timely runs.

Chambers hands down, he was immense.

I thought chambers HODGO & thaiday were all immense and could have been motm but there was a 10minute period in the game that I said if we win on the back of this cam smith will get best & fairest. He was in everything at both ends of the park and his tackles from marker really destroyed the blues confidence.
Lit was one of those games where anyone could have got the prize.

Another vote for Chambers. Very clutch. Hodgo also had massive impact including destroying little Robbie.

Great to see Chambers' talents finally being recognised on this forum. This time last year he was "just made to look good by playing for the storm". Definitely proved lots of people wrong since then

Great to see Chambers' talents finally being recognised on this forum. This time last year he was "just made to look good by playing for the storm". Definitely proved lots of people wrong since then

That's because this time last year he had played one, maybe two, good games. He got lucky on his Origin selection because Copley had a terrible game whilst Chambers played well the week before.

That's because this time last year he had played one, maybe two, good games. He got lucky on his Origin selection because Copley had a terrible game whilst Chambers played well the week before.

Sorry, that is just ridiculous. Chambers has been in superb form for a couple of years now. He didn't "get lucky". He earnt his spot. His 2 games for QLD so far have validated his selection and i daresay he is an automatic pick for the foreseeable future. To even compare copley to him is embarrassing.

Sorry, that is just ridiculous. Chambers has been in superb form for a couple of years now. He didn't "get lucky". He earnt his spot. His 2 games for QLD so far have validated his selection and i daresay he is an automatic pick for the foreseeable future. To even compare copley to him is embarrassing.

No need to apologize. Chambers has been playing well since but the start of last year he wasn't whilst Copley was. It all came down to the game before selections and Copley had a shocker.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Guerra. I really thought he made a difference. He defended exceptionally well and all his runs had impact. I really rate this guy and reckon he'll be part of the squad for many years to come.

I rate guerra too but he did give away three penalties I think.

Smith did a mountain of work. I thought our whole right side was exceptional last night (Thaiday, Cronk, Hodges and Chambers).
Gilly said the players player will be named after the 3rd game but when asked who he thought was the best he said Chambers.

I don't think Smith was a bad decision but I would have given it to Chambers

Why does everyone always have to completely generalise BHQ?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • The Don
  • Broncorob
  • bazza
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.