Manly Sea Eagles - Salary Cap Breach

I see Paul Kent and Hadlee have circled the wagons around Bozo claiming he is being treated badly and unfairly by the NRL.

Where was their sense of fairness when Lodge was being destroyed in the media.

What players can earn outside the salary cap:

$100,000 - Motor Vehicle Allowance – a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 30 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).

I understand that - but if it's all above board, then why the secrecy? Why not only keep it registered by the dealer as a demo model, but provide it to the spouse as opposed to the player itself?

I understand that - but if it's all above board, then why the secrecy? Why not only keep it registered by the dealer as a demo model, but provide it to the spouse as opposed to the player itself?

Tax

Wouldn't that be extremely risky in itself? If the player is receiving the use of a supplied vehicle, and it is recorded in the player's contract as so, if they try to claim that the vehicle is for her use, and their tax returns state as much, wouldn't that be considered tax fraud?

No, I think as long as it's declared as coming from the club and counted under the cap they wouldn't care less how he has his personal tax set up.

$20k each? So we can give the top 5 players in each club a Chery J1?

It's absolutely hilarious watching Paul Kent defend his mate "bozo" on nrl 360. Dodges the FACTS of what he did, and just talks about him being disrespected. Why should we show him respect? Because he's an immortal? He's cheated! He has cheated the game! I don't give a F@"- about his feelings. Where was his compassion and empathy for lodge after he paid his dues!

Paul Kent on NRL 360 actually pointed out that the penalty Manly get on the cap, they could use that money to pay off the fine. Saying something about that Penn will have more tax to declare.

I can't help but feel the NRL have really dropped the ball on this punishment.

Paul Kent on NRL 360 actually pointed out that the penalty Manly get on the cap, they could use that money to pay off the fine. Saying something about that Penn will have more tax to declare.

Well that's the NRL heirachys speciality isn't it.... dropping the ball [emoji57]
This whole Manly salary cap saga is an absolute cockup from our great games administrators.

i actually thought kent was on the money tonight - for a change.
whether bozo is innocent or guilty you can tell the nrl have screwed things up royally. suggesting an interview via skype with out legal representation is down right lunacy. goes to show you how useless greenturd and the administration are.

the other factor i though he pointed out well was the half arsed name dropping of fulton by the nrl. if he is guilty then so be it, but we have heard sweet **** all and zero substance from the nrl in regards to his inner workings. as kent said "the nrl or powers at be will throw him under a bus to cover their own arses" all to common from this dog shit administration. the other thing is that manly cheated $1.5m apparently and no real punishment of note for the club.

lastly - beattie can **** right off too. just another leach sucking the life out the game. the bloke is an a grade moron.

i actually thought kent was on the money tonight - for a change.
whether bozo is innocent or guilty you can tell the nrl have screwed things up royally. suggesting an interview via skype with out legal representation is down right lunacy. goes to show you how useless greenturd and the administration are.

the other factor i though he pointed out well was the half arsed name dropping of fulton by the nrl. if he is guilty then so be it, but we have heard sweet **** all and zero substance from the nrl in regards to his inner workings. as kent said "the nrl or powers at be will throw him under a bus to cover their own arses" all to common from this dog shit administration. the other thing is that manly cheated $1.5m apparently and no real punishment of note for the club.

lastly - beattie can **** right off too. just another leach sucking the life out the game. the bloke is an a grade moron.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Re Fulton though, it is a bit cute to me to sit there now and bitch about their failure to interview him when they have tried on two occasions to facilitate that occurring and he has blocked it, whether for legitimate or convenient reasons.

If he was genuinely heading overseas when they first contacted him, and if you had nothing to hide and had no concerns, why would you not get in contact with the NRL when you got back in the country, arrange your legal representation and go and be interviewed?

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Re Fulton though, it is a bit cute to me to sit there now and bitch about their failure to interview him when they have tried on two occasions to facilitate that occurring and he has blocked it, whether for legitimate or convenient reasons.

If he was genuinely heading overseas when they first contacted him, and if you had nothing to hide and had no concerns, why would you not get in contact with the NRL when you got back in the country, arrange your legal representation and go and be interviewed?

Yep, funny how they want fairness and due process when their mates are involved. Bozo was the chief negotiator during that time so trying to say he was there for the main part then he got up and left is hard to believe.
IF that happened it's so he could say he didn't know .

Is there a full repot being published for transparency? If no absolute joke.

Where is the outrage and dozens of articles calling for loss of NRL licence, cancellation of player contracts, playing for no points this year, sack the coach and lifetime ban along whole management team?

Like to see players face something along 10 round unpaid holiday (depending on size of breach) with no contact or training with team or better yet have to play NSW cup for half of ban on minimum wage if knew about and payment of all extra funds x3 as fine (plus rep bans for a year), managers scrubbed for 6 months and salary cap docked by same amount as overall breach over 2 years. If more than 10% cap in a year that year is stripped all points and reallocated as wooden spoon for record books.

Until players, managers and board of club are included in sanctions and a clear set of consequences are held out prospectively then always be clubs and ceos willing to take the risk. Find a good enough patsy to scapegoat and pay a fine - no big deal.

Has anyone contacted their sponsors to let them know they're sponsoring cheats? I will be cancelling all of my current non-existent deals with them if they continue to condone this type of behavior. You disgust me NRM.. I mean URM

Copy and paste almost got the best of me that time

The penalty is so small it's a joke, and they are still going to appeal it :lostit:

Active Now

• bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.