Martin Offiah

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Watching a documentary my Dad sent to me about this bloke, as he was always one of my favourite players growing up. Astounded to see he scored 444 tries in 424 games. Thats just insane.

Old Chariots. Was quite an athlete and knew how to beat a man. Younger people need to imagine the way Roberts ran around a couple of defenders a while back...a long while back come to think of it.

Watching a documentary my Dad sent to me about this bloke, as he was always one of my favourite players growing up. Astounded to see he scored 444 tries in 424 games. Thats just insane.

One of my favourite too Wolfie, he was a joy to watch.

Couldn't tackle....couldn't catch

Yes, he could run fast

He was probably Australia's biggest worry in the tests we played against them back in the day.

Couldn't tackle....couldn't catch

Yes, he could run fast

Thats a huge myth he couldnt tackle. He was never a liability in defence. If he was there were plenty of good sides around when he was playing for both Widnes and Wigan, as well as Australia when he played for GB. I used to watch a lot of Widnes when he was there, and i can never recall him getting exposed too much. He wasnt a great defender though, but he wasnt poor either. Just average.

Terrible under the high ball.

It was a great golden era of backline pommies in the arl in the late 80s early 90s. Hanley, Schofield, Chariots, Andy Gregory.

Nowadays it seems just bash em forwards coming over.

They really added entertainment to the game.. all those players started in a side that should have won the kangaroo series in 1990 .

Would have loved to have seen a guy like mcgillvary come for a season for us.

It was a great golden era of backline pommies in the arl in the late 80s early 90s. Hanley, Schofield, Chariots, Andy Gregory.

Nowadays it seems just bash em forwards coming over.

They really added entertainment to the game.. all those players started in a side that should have won the kangaroo series in 1990 .

Would have loved to have seen a guy like mcgillvary come for a season for us.

Jonathan Davies, what a player he was as well.

Martin Offiah on his day was unstoppable, he scored like 5 tries in one game against us back in 1992. Couldn't tackle but an absolute attacking machine.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • BRC088
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.