SPOILER Marvel/DC Comic Book and Movie Chat

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
That's an easy one, he returns to Vormir, walks past Red Skull and tosses it in the plot hole.
Still, that would cause a bit of interest in seeing the red skull. That said, since the stone had been taken, maybe red skull wasn’t there anymore.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Still, that would cause a bit of interest in seeing the red skull. That said, since the stone had been taken, maybe red skull wasn’t there anymore.
Who's usually the guardian of the Soul Stone? I mean it can't always have been Red Skull. The returning of the Stones/Hammer would have been an excellent group of post credit scenes IMO. Cap being busted by Thor returning the hammer would have been funny for example.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Who's usually the guardian of the Soul Stone? I mean it can't always have been Red Skull. The returning of the Stones/Hammer would have been an excellent group of post credit scenes IMO. Cap being busted by Thor returning the hammer would have been funny for example.
Agreed. That said, I get that they didn't want to add any post credit scenes, this was the end and they wanted to be that way I suppose.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Just realised i have a free movie ticket on my Cinebuzz. Might use it on Endgame!

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
In the comics it’s Adam Warlock primarily. He may take it up in the MCU too, given he has been hinted at...

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
Saw Endgame again yesterday. Reading cinemas are pretty nice.

Big difference to seeing it day one though, no cheering in the big scenes and not as much laughter. Still a sold out session though.

Sproj Sproj I paid special attention to the portal this time. It was definitely New Asgard that Valkyrie came from. You can see the church. The yellow halo from the portal gives the impression of a yellow Sheen.

That spiderman trailer gives me a few ideas.

How many multiverses are there as a result of endgame? I'm thinking at least 3.

1) loki escaped with the tesseract-verse
2) thanos died in the future and didn't do the snap-verse
3) cap and peggy-verse.

3 interests me the most, would be interesting to see how Cap deals with his frozen self and how he cleans up shield. Would he find a way to take on Thanos?

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Saw Endgame again yesterday. Reading cinemas are pretty nice.

Big difference to seeing it day one though, no cheering in the big scenes and not as much laughter. Still a sold out session though.

Sproj Sproj I paid special attention to the portal this time. It was definitely New Asgard that Valkyrie came from. You can see the church. The yellow halo from the portal gives the impression of a yellow Sheen.

That spiderman trailer gives me a few ideas.

How many multiverses are there as a result of endgame? I'm thinking at least 3.

1) loki escaped with the tesseract-verse
2) thanos died in the future and didn't do the snap-verse
3) cap and peggy-verse.

3 interests me the most, would be interesting to see how Cap deals with his frozen self and how he cleans up shield. Would he find a way to take on Thanos?
I saw something about a Peggy and Cap tv show a while back

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I saw something about a Peggy and Cap tv show a while back
That would be cool. I really liked the Agent Carter series, it was good fun. Plus Peggy is hot but I thought Chris Evans is done with the character?

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
That would be cool. I really liked the Agent Carter series, it was good fun. Plus Peggy is hot but I thought Chris Evans is done with the character?
I haven't even watched it to be honest. It's on the list though. I thought he was too so I'm not entirely sure how it would be done. Maybe it's a mini series or something? I found this https://geektyrant.com/news/avengers-endgame-writers-think-a-captain-america-and-peggy-carter-series-is-a-possibility but it's all just hints and guessing so it probably won't happen

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I know not to look for too much logic in these movies, but one thing that has stood out for me. Why did Thanos think that he had to snap once, and the overpopulation / resource scarcity would be over forever?

It's not like the universe was always overpopulated, and he fixed it permanently. If our planet is anything to go by, it would maybe take a few hundred, or a few thousand years at most, to get to the same population density again. And so then what? Does he expect someone else to take up his mantle, but without the stones because he deliberately destroyed them?

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
I know not to look for too much logic in these movies, but one thing that has stood out for me. Why did Thanos think that he had to snap once, and the overpopulation / resource scarcity would be over forever?

It's not like the universe was always overpopulated, and he fixed it permanently. If our planet is anything to go by, it would maybe take a few hundred, or a few thousand years at most, to get to the same population density again. And so then what? Does he expect someone else to take up his mantle, but without the stones because he deliberately destroyed them?
Well as a Titan and a mad one at that, he is all but immortal, so I expect time doesn’t have quite the same meaning for him...

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Well as a Titan and a mad one at that, he is all but immortal, so I expect time doesn’t have quite the same meaning for him...
Which would make sense if he was doing something that would change the galaxy / universe on a relatively permanent basis. I could almost understand a sacrifice-the-few-for-the-benefit-of-the-many, but in this case he's sacrificing literally 50% of the population. If he's genuinely doing it because he believes that life / societys won't survive otherwise, why doesn't he have the foresight to think that he (or someone else) is going to need to do this regularly as like a maintenance thing, indefinitely? But no, he risks everything, including sacrificing the only thing he loves, for a vacuum cleaner, uses it once, and then destroys it.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
He's mad, doesn't that answer it? He believes he is some kind of saviour and I guess if the overpopulation thing happens again, he would probably believe the stones would appear again or he could just go through and annihilate beings again.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
He's mad, doesn't that answer it? He believes he is some kind of saviour and I guess if the overpopulation thing happens again, he would probably believe the stones would appear again or he could just go through and annihilate beings again.
My workmate here just suggested that when the population started increasing again, he'd just resort to ye olde swords and death armies. The snap was the bulldozing, he just needs to selectively weed from now on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter