Match Review thread

Hell yeah, CI.

Isn't Go just based on pre-existing Fox deals? If you get Fox Play with a basic package and sport, you will have access to Fox League (which is just replacing Fox Sports 2).

I hope so. I'll be signing up for my free two weeks the day it's released in that case.

I may have to give it a gander.

I'll try and make it easy on the show-runners, give them a list of classic games they need to show and pitch them some show ideas. :biggrin:

Interesting to see 'Rewind With Blocker' on the TV Guide. No details yet but it's a three hour block of time, so there's a fair chance it's a classic games block.

While I'd love an On Demand service where you could select through a massive database of games, I'd settle for an hour block of highlights videos, going through all the big clashes.

For instance Brisbane v Cronulla would comprise of...
Round 16 1993 - Broncos 38; Cronulla 34
Round 16 1995 - Cronulla 36; Broncos 22
Round 21 2001 - Cronulla 24; Broncos 16
Round 17 2006 - Broncos 26; Sharks 12
Round 6 2010 - Broncos 44; Sharks 12
Round 9 2016 - Sharks 30; Broncos 28

Depending on time you could always throw more on there, but as long as you include some of the pre and post-game footage from those games, highlight some of the key plays or roll some footage of weird Rugby League factoids (hell even do it Pop Up Video style) I'd be on board.

The biggest thing Fox League needs to do - more 30 for 30 ESPN style docos.

I threw on the 2003 Panthers vs. Sydney Grand Final in anticipation of tonight's game (shout out to Nomad).

Going into the game, many fans felt like the wet conditions would suit the Roosters. Ricky had built this State of Origin pack around enforcers like Adrian Morley, Michael Crocker, Jason Cayless etc. and workhorses like Craig Fitzgibbon, Luke Ricketson and Chris Flannery. They just seemed to relish the defensive side of the contest and making life as uncomfortable as possible for their opposition.

However in the biggest twist of the night, it actually ended up suiting the Panthers. So in the opening few moments of the contest, it was all Sydney and Penrith could barely make it out of their own 20m zone. Sydney made their first opportunity, but what happened is that Penrith survived that early onslaught and the game became a contest of the back three working the ball out of trouble. This is where the Roosters were exposed because suddenly Chris Walker and Todd Byrne found themselves in roles they weren't comfortable at performing.

I also thought Lang out-coached Ricky. The Roosters were rudderless, constantly relying on switch plays around the ruck which the Panthers read easily. They were guilty of playing two side-to-side and just couldn't bring their strike players into play as much as they would have liked.

Luke Priddis was outstanding out of dummy half and gave the Panthers the direction they needed. He just kept Penrith on the front foot the entire game and was quicker on the draw than anyone else out on the field.

Penrith were a quality team in 2003 and a good example of what an effective rebuild can achieve. They struggled through out the majority of 2001 and 2002 but they were able to blood a lot of quality prospects like Luke Rooney, Luke Lewis, Joel Clinton, Ben Ross, Trent Waterhouse etc. Combined with some astute signings like Preston Campbell, Luke Priddis, Martin Lang, Joe Galuvao and Paul Whatuira the Panthers made the most of their opportunity. The following year they would go onto make the Prelim Final before disappearing into the Rugby League wilderness for six years.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.