Matt Gillett - Man of the Match

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Outside of the effort on Maloney, he defended his guts out tonight and made some fantastic runs for his side.

Unlucky for NSW, he has improvement left in him.

Onya Matty.

I'm just glad everyone else saw what I see every week... And that is that gillett is an absolute beast; runs hard, tackles hard...

Well, anyone who scores 34 tries in a match deserves MOM. Good one Nein.

My MOTM was Boyd, but I can't say Gillett doesn't deserve it either. His defence was outstanding.

A question... Who decides the MOTM? Is it still the Australian selectors like it used to be?

Boyd for mine. But just happy that all the Broncs in the team stood up did the state proud.

He was great, but I thought Boyd was the clear MOTM.

Was impressed with most of the Broncos boys. Besides Thaiday. Oates was pretty solid for a debut game.

Boyd for me with Gil a close second. Thaiday made up for his game in his post match interview imo

My expectations of Thaiday aren't huge. But I thought he did well in the conditions and for the amount of minutes he played he kept turning up. Not sure if I'm seeing it wrong but I thought he played a lot of minutes.

Last edited:
Why does everyone think Boyd deserved MoM? Genuinely curious... Was solid and no mistakes, but I didn't see anything outstanding...

Why does everyone think Boyd deserved MoM? Genuinely curious... Was solid and no mistakes, but I didn't see anything outstanding...

Ran hard, was very safe, put his body on the line, and unlike someone like Dugan in the past for NSW, actually contributed in attack and was involved in our only try.

Yeah Matt was man of the match for me no questions...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 102
I would have been happy with boyd, gillett or parker. Parkers' metres per run were huge.

MOTM for me (I know... I'm biased), but every Bronco was good tonight.

Boyd was a close second, while Moose (very underrated in this game imo) and Parker were really on par for mine. Oates did well for his maiden jumper, and will be better for it... he's got that position sewed down for years to come I think. Thaiday, wasn't bad, or particularly good... his best effort was the interview at the end.

Overal, I thought our halves were underdone, but just good enough to turn the tide a few times, and end the game in total control.

I thought Boyd was outstanding in that he played the ideal FB role for us. Defence, attack, organising. I think has made that FB spot his for some years. Most impressive.

As for Gillett, and I am more biased that Porthoz lol, but for mine, he hurt practically every NSW forward with a lot of his hits including the NSW thugs like Gallen and Klemmer, his defence for mine was very much a reason Qld won and his runs on the edges were outstanding. As for the Cordner try, I think it was less Gillett and more Cronk's poor read that led to that. For mine Matt is the best back rower in the game and we are lucky to have him and just have to hold onto him for a few years yet.

In any case, I'd give Gillett 9/10 and Boyd 8.75/10 .... with Parker 8.5, and Moose 8.

All in all, Broncos 1 and NSW 0 .... and their performances (including our other players) give me even more encouragement that we will be there at the end of the premiership with Parker holding that trophy high and proud.

Matty had a great game. I was a bit worried for him a few years ago but he is one of the elite now. Outstanding player.

Agree with some of the others though and thought Boyd was awesome and a deserving MoM. His positional play was great and creates the extra man so well when chiming into the backline. So glad he is there instead of Inglis.

Just watched a replay, Gillett was a monster and so much so that new stopped attacking left after the Cordner try, no one wanted to run at him.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.