NEWS Matt Gillett - Why the Bennett v Seibold circus is all fun and games

Let's hope Dearden's debut is as good as Gillett's, because Gillett was on fucking fire that night!

“Seibs has been pretty good. I’ve had a few different coaches now and I’ve learned something from each and everyone of them.”

This isn’t exactly a gushing compliment from Gillo toward his new coach.

‘Yeah my new misso is alright. I’ve had a heap of misso’s and they all have some positives”

“Seibs has been pretty good. I’ve had a few different coaches now and I’ve learned something from each and everyone of them.”

‘Yeah my new misso is alright. I’ve had a heap of misso’s and they all have some positives”

He is just being diplomatic so it doesn’t give the media more fuel.

Bit hard to come out and say he’s going great when you’re 2 and 5

A slightly hidden line in there was confirmation that Deardon will line up on the right..

Dearden, Gillett, Jimmy, Isaako

This. If he kissed his ass too much, the headline would be that Matty is glad Wayne is gone.

Aye, the media typically don't need much to get an out of context headline. This is from a day or two ago:
“Everyone is going to be talking about Wayne and all the stuff that went down, but he’s moved on and we have a new coach,’’ Oates said.
“We have to focus on our game and how we are going to stop them.
“The quick (five-day) turnaround will be good for us. It’s not too (long) to think about.’’
Bird said “all the players loved Wayne’’.
“Half the players came here to play under Wayne and looked up to Wayne as a player and as a coach,’’ Bird said.
“Now we have Seibs as coach and we are happy to have Seibs on board.’’
Of course the headline was Jack Bird: ‘Half the players came here to play under Wayne.' It doesn't matter what you say or do, the media will find a way to twist it into something completely different in search of those clicks.

No disrespect to Gillett, but I assume he gets someone to write these for him. I'm sure it's his words, but not his phrasing or writing style.

A slightly hidden line in there was confirmation that Deardon will line up on the right..

Dearden, Gillett, Jimmy, Isaako

Gillett is going to have to baby sit Dearden tonight in defence. Souths will run Burgess at him all night if they can

Gillett is going to have to baby sit Dearden tonight in defence. Souths will run Burgess at him all night if they can
Hopefully Dearden was watching Lachlan Lewis last week. Don't let Burgess have any time to build up steam

Wait, how can they run Burgess at him, Burgess plays on the right for Souths, doesn't that mean Sutton would he running at him?

Hopefully Dearden was watching Lachlan Lewis last week. Don't let Burgess have any time to build up steam
That's the key to tackling every big forward. If they can side-step early it won't matter how you try and tackle them. That said theres only so many times a crafty forward will let you do it without exploiting the hole if you charge out of the line.

Either way, will be tough for the kid.

He'll be fine, his defense has been the most notable improvement in his game this year in ISC. I'm just hoping he nails his first few kicks to get a bit of confidence. The worst thing would be for him to shank one or two and then delegate all kicking duties to Milf.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.