Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Matt Lodge earns the nod of approval
he needs for captaincy bid

PETER BADEL,
The Courier-Mail
October 3, 2019 2:29pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Amid the public criticism of Lodge, little of the fury has reached the front office of Broncos headquarters. The football club has received just one complaint from a Broncos fan over the prospect of Lodge succeeding Darius Boyd as skipper.
@broncsgoat did you actually contact the club?

@broncsgoat did you actually contact the club?
Lol, I read that. Look if it happens I'm not going to tear up the membership I stopped paying for 3 years ago, I just think its potentially a horrendous look for the club. Opening the club to unnecessary ridicule at a time when we've got enough shit to worry about.

If Pete wants a direct quote, he can PM me for my number next time :rofl

It's fucking feral that we even allow him to own shares.

yeah im actually really suprised he has a decent amount of shares in the club.

makes me feel a little dirty if im honest.

i know it probably shouldnt cause end of day he really doesnt have much a say in broncos like he would roosters. being a business man we are just a smart investment for him

still feels dirty though

Last edited:
yeah im actually really suprised he has a decent amount of shares in the club.

makes me feel a little dirty if im honest.

i know it probably shouldnt cause end of day he really doesnt have much a say in broncos like he would roosters. being a business man we are just a smart investment for him

still feels dirty though
The bottom line is he would have a small say, which is too much. I bet he goes to shareholder meetings.....befriends other shareholders......uses businesman jargon to influence other shareholders he meets. Conflict of interest much? This shit doesn't fly in other businesses. Imagine CEO of coke owning pepsi shares. Cut him out like the other cancers.

Sorry Oates but Milford isn't the man for the job

It's fucking feral that we even allow him to own shares.
Yep, this was my take away from the article. Wtf is going on with ceo’s Of other clubs owning shares etc? Surely on both sides there’s a COI

Yep, this was my take away from the article. Wtf is going on with ceo’s Of other clubs owning shares etc? Surely on both sides there’s a COI

all really depends on the share market laws ... one of the pitfalls of being a publicly traded company

The only thing i got out of this is how the **** a rival owner has shares in our club. That is some serious conflict right there.

Milford should have taken over after Parker.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • mystico
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.