NEWS Matt Lodge earns the nod of approval he needs for captaincy bid

Sorry Oates but Milford isn't the man for the job

Interesting that all replies are against the idea. Milf is truly on the outer at the moment. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't even on the team to start 2020.

Interesting that all replies are against the idea. Milf is truly on the outer at the moment. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't even on the team to start 2020.

If it was said this time last year there would be a mix of positive responses in there, people are judging him off his abortion of a season this year.

I dont think he is on the outer as such, i think people just recognise that he doesnt assume control or frequently undertake those big effort plays to inspire his team (i am not saying he never does this just perhaps not as frequently as you hope) which would indicate that he may struggle as a leader (as he struggled as a controlling half).

It is evident during breaks in play (i.e after tries), he is rarely the one doing the talking. Compare that to cronk (who is not the captain but may as well be), smith, burgess, DCE etc.

Milford doesnt strike me as a player who thrives under responsibility, the less he is, the happier he appears and performs (2015, most of 2016)

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.