NEWS Matt Lodge, Jordan Riki, Ben Te’o and Alex Glenn are heroes

If you can’t access the link....

Brisbane Broncos stars Matt Lodge, Ben Te’o and Jordan Riki pulled off a dramatic citizens arrest on the Sunshine Coast to save a woman embroiled in a terrifying case of domestic violence.
A team dinner in Mooloolaba on Wednesday night ended with the Broncos coming to the aid of a woman who claimed she was in danger of being killed by her partner.”

Lodge and Te’o basically protected her whilst Riki and Glenn dealt with the perp....

Lodge and Te'o got her out of the situation on the street, took her back to her place, called Glenn and his group of players, one of which was Riki who apparently tackled and detained the guy threatening her who I guess made his way to the house after the street incident

Not what I’d call hero’s as such, just seems it in comparison to the yobbos of the game. Any decent person would do or have done similar.
Surely after all the crap that goes on with NRL players you can just take this for them actually doing something good rather than the usual crap we see.

Not what I’d call hero’s as such, just seems it in comparison to the yobbos of the game. Any decent person would do or have done similar.
Come on man, give them something. Firstly, we all know the media use the term heroes wrongly all the time calling blokes winning a game heroes etc. so I am happy to see them actually using it for an heroic action for once.

Yes a lot of people would have done the same, but also a lot of people would have not acted either through fear or not wanting to get involved.

Given the shit that pricks like Staggs and Fifita have opened the club to over recent times I’m happy to call these guys heroes.

Saw this in the article.
Lodge, 25, is no stranger to confronting incidents after being involved in a violent rampage in New York in 2015, however this time he came to the rescue of a woman in need as a good Samaritan.

What an absolute wanker of a writer .... why is that even needed in an article where they're talking about a DV situation.

"Journos" are absolute scum of the earth nowadays

I’ll say this about the “heroes” bit; noting that “heroes” was my word...I’m not sure everyone out there would have gotten involved. My uncle tried to stop a bloke belting his partner and he got his face rearranged for the privilege. It can be very dangerous, and these guys put their well-being on the line to help someone....

ps article does mention the incident in the States with Lodge...even when people do the right thing the media just can’t help but have a kick...

A good news story to show our players arent all bad!

Good job lads. Go get on the piss and do something stupid to celebrate.

Good idea. In fact, I hear Matt Lodge is nothing but a funny bloke when drunk, quite charming actually.

Saw this in the article.
Lodge, 25, is no stranger to confronting incidents after being involved in a violent rampage in New York in 2015, however this time he came to the rescue of a woman in need as a good Samaritan.

What an absolute wanker of a writer .... why is that even needed in an article where they're talking about a DV situation.

"Journos" are absolute scum of the earth nowadays
Even though you've put inverted commas around the word journos, it's still a bit of a stretch.....

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Footy Fanatic
  • whykickamoocow
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.