NEWS Matt Lodge: we have the cattle

Matt Lodge says the drought's been rough on the herd, but relief's on the way, starting against his former club, Penrith:

“Some people don’t understand but it ***** your whole life to be honest. It’s been a little bit (frustrating) and it’s tough but we’re still grateful. We’re professional athletes and we come in here, working hard and the tide is definitely going to turn with this group. Once that clicks in some people’s heads and their confidence is on, it’s a different ball game. We’ve got kids here that are just as talented, if not more than, that Penrith team. One day it’s going to click for them.”

Hdesert

Almost at the oasis

“Our game doesn’t come down to our halves. They make crucial decisions but we’re going to need 17 on to compete with the best side in the competition. They play a good style of footy, backyard footy. I grew up with a lot of those guys and I know them … but we’re going to have to pack our shovels and have a dig because it’s going to be a tough game. We don’t enjoy losing so we’ll turn up.”

McHunt

Matt Lodge says the drought's been rough on the herd, but relief's on the way, starting against his former club, Penrith:

“Some people don’t understand but it ***** your whole life to be honest. It’s been a little bit (frustrating) and it’s tough but we’re still grateful. We’re professional athletes and we come in here, working hard and the tide is definitely going to turn with this group. Once that clicks in some people’s heads and their confidence is on, it’s a different ball game. We’ve got kids here that are just as talented, if not more than, that Penrith team. One day it’s going to click for them.”

View attachment 12336
Almost at the oasis

“Our game doesn’t come down to our halves. They make crucial decisions but we’re going to need 17 on to compete with the best side in the competition. They play a good style of footy, backyard footy. I grew up with a lot of those guys and I know them … but we’re going to have to pack our shovels and have a dig because it’s going to be a tough game. We don’t enjoy losing so we’ll turn up.”

McHunt
If we were picking up points for the amount of Churchillian type orations we've had from some of our boys we'd sitting at the top of the comp.
Although Lodge's game has shown signs of improvement he's not close to delivering a 8-9 out of 10 game yet. I hope he's made some sort of pact with his good eating buddy TPJ to savagely maul the Panther's pack coz without them being stopped in their tracks the Penrith backline will have a field day.

He did sound serious though so we might just have a game on our hands this round. Go Broncos!

If we were picking up points for the amount of Churchillian type orations we've had from some of our boys we'd sitting at the top of the comp.
Although Lodge's game has shown signs of improvement he's not close to delivering a 8-9 out of 10 game yet. I hope he's made some sort of pact with his good eating buddy TPJ to savagely maul the Panther's pack coz without them being stopped in their tracks the Penrith backline will have a field day.

He did sound serious though so we might just have a game on our hands this round. Go Broncos!
I still think this bloke should be our captain, **** the PR.

Lodge applauds Walters sacking Milford:

Lodge is also looking trimmer. So hopefully we're about to get some proper output from him. Granted he was hampered by injury and (woeful diagnoses by our medical team) which eventually stuffed his whole season last year.

If he comes out and (legally) smashes a few of his ex-compadres from Penrith we'll know he's fair dinkum.

Lodge speaks well. Sadly, he does't play very well. He doesn't bend the line with his running. His offloads have gone missing. He isn't playing well in defence. Other than that, he's great.

800k plodder talks shit before obvious smashing coming our way.

Remind me how many player options he has left.

Sutton: *dominant tackle - "Surrender"
Lodge: "We will never surrender!"

I am pretty sure this has happened a few times. I've seen six agains given for a tackle that has taken about 2.5 seconds to complete and this is not just against the Broncos. The six again is like all things NRL, good in theory, but butchered in practice. It gives the ref way too much power to influence games without any accountability whatsoever.

Take the game against the Rabbits for example. They seemed to get at least an extra five seconds compared to the Broncos and then look at the penalty count until the 70th or so minute. Of course some of the square ups came but it was disgraceful.

Then of course, if any team pulls off a good kick and tries to show good line speed to swing momentum and keep the other team in their 20 or 30, you can almost guarantee that on tackle 4 they will get a phantom 6 again and it just undoes all the hard work the defending team just put in.

And lets not get started on the rubbish that is supposed to be the 10m line. Anyone at all surprised the virtual 10m line never came in? I didn't think so.

Then, the idiot in charge thinks its a good idea to speed up the game and reduce the number of referees because of course only players get fatigued right? The referees could barely get it right with two of them officiating.

Unread

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.