NEWS Matt Lodge: we have the cattle

Matt Lodge says the drought's been rough on the herd, but relief's on the way, starting against his former club, Penrith:

“Some people don’t understand but it ***** your whole life to be honest. It’s been a little bit (frustrating) and it’s tough but we’re still grateful. We’re professional athletes and we come in here, working hard and the tide is definitely going to turn with this group. Once that clicks in some people’s heads and their confidence is on, it’s a different ball game. We’ve got kids here that are just as talented, if not more than, that Penrith team. One day it’s going to click for them.”

Hdesert

Almost at the oasis

“Our game doesn’t come down to our halves. They make crucial decisions but we’re going to need 17 on to compete with the best side in the competition. They play a good style of footy, backyard footy. I grew up with a lot of those guys and I know them … but we’re going to have to pack our shovels and have a dig because it’s going to be a tough game. We don’t enjoy losing so we’ll turn up.”

McHunt

800k plodder talks shit before obvious smashing coming our way.

Remind me how many player options he has left.

I still think moving him on, and paying a team $400,000 a year to supplement his salary is not a good move either. I'm not sure about that figure that you have sourced. But I'm happy to acknowledge that his salary is too high, and he has too many years. But the other option the negatives out weigh the positives for such a move in my opinion.

I agree what's been said though Matt Lodge needs to bend the line more. He seems to try hard, but right now he doesn't seem to be getting us what we need out of him at the moment. He does seem to care though rather then just happy to cash his cheques which is a good thing.

No way we paying Lodge 800k I refuse to believe any team would pay that kind of money for a Prop who wasn't at the bare minimum a regular in State of Origin and Test level.

Haas is worth that much though.

Up to $800k , so meaning anywhere from $650k + . Just sounds so much catchier saying up to $800k .
I thought it closest to 600. I was under the impression he took less than offered elsewhere due to feeling obliged to the Broncos.

I thought it closest to 600. I was under the impression he took less than offered elsewhere due to feeling obliged to the Broncos.

zero tackle have him at 700k and they always use the highest figure reported at the time of the initial signing, and zero tackle don't change that figure even if the media revise (and come to a consensus) what figure they are reporting.

Bird was a perfect example of this .... zero tackle kept him on $1 million a season, even after the media finally came to a consensus on his wage (landing at 950k a season)

In Lodge's case, the 800k figure didn't start getting reported until 12 - 18 months after he signed ... probably because Seibold had arrived at the club to start their downward spiral and this made better clickbait

zero tackle have him at 700k and they always use the highest figure reported at the time of the initial signing, and zero tackle don't change that figure even if the media revise (and come to a consensus) what figure they are reporting.

Bird was a perfect example of this .... zero tackle kept him on $1 million a season, even after the media finally came to a consensus on his wage (landing at 950k a season)

In Lodge's case, the 800k figure didn't start getting reported until 12 - 18 months after he signed ... probably because Seibold had arrived at the club to start their downward spiral and this made better clickbait
Fair enough. As a betting man I'd wager Lodge would be closer to 600 than anything else if the highest 'informed media guess' was 700 at the time. Like, you'd have to think speculation ranged between 500 to the 700 zerotackle mentioned so the old talk about the fish I caught thing, you know how they double in size and weight? It tends to make me think 600 would be close. Media lies a lot.

Sick of these little motivational speeches mid-week from our players, Jordan Riki actually had me believing he was being sincere.. then I watched the game last week and that defensive effort on Gagai was one of the worst efforts i've seen

This, from what I recall he got 50k more than TPJ and Hass got 200k less. Hass was signed up quickly to a great deal for the club. These two got a couple hundred k overs.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.