Matt lodge

B

BUCKtheBRONCOS

BRL Player
Mar 5, 2014
Hey guys obviously there's been rumours flying around about lodge to penrith im hearing it's his manager doing his best to drive up his contract price and management at broncos value his signature so are looking at paying overs not to risk. What's everyone's thoughts I rate him when his on but I'm hearing we gonna pay alot putting more strain on our cap

Hey guys obviously there's been rumours flying around about lodge to penrith im hearing it's his manager doing his best to drive up his contract price and management at broncos value his signature so are looking at paying overs not to risk. What's everyone's thoughts I rate him when his on but I'm hearing we gonna pay alot putting more strain on our cap

we won't be paying any more ... he is under contract until the end of 2024 (although i think 2 years are PO's)

if he want's more he'll have to leave. we're already keen to get rid of a middle forward

we won'y be paying any more ... he is under contract until the end of 2024 (although i think 2 years are PO's)

if he want's more he'll have to leave. we're already keen to get rid of a middle forward
Have they not changed the rule that a player can't leave for more money (i.e. the Matterson rule)??

Have they not changed the rule that a player can't leave for more money (i.e. the Matterson rule)??
If they're under contract, he's technically not. Also did that rule ever become official?

i don't think they ever brought that rule in ... but even if they did he would only be locked into his Broncos contract for 1 more year. since the last 2 are PO's that he can decide not to take up (and wouldn't be able to if he left anyway)

I wouldn't be against getting rid of him somehow. Yes, he can be a good player, but the salary cap is limited and balance needs to shift away from the forwards, so sacrifices have to be made.

Okay Just checked he's under contract until 2022, 2023/24 are PO's.

I wouldn't be against getting rid of him somehow. Yes, he can be a good player, but the salary cap is limited and balance needs to shift away from the forwards, so sacrifices have to be made.
I'd really only be happy with moving him on if another club takes at least 75% of his salary. Penrith proposing 50/50 means we're effectively having to find a better prop for 400k, which won't happen.

Thought it was indicated that he's already taken them up or was that someone else??
I don't remember that and it doesn't make sense. I can't imagine you could activate your PO before the year before. Also if he did activate it, it would show on the NRL page.

Kodi Nikorima just activated his PO and he now shows as under contract instead of PO on the NRL page.

i don't think they ever brought that rule in ... but even if they did he would only be locked into his Broncos contract for 1 more year. since the last 2 are PO's that he can decide not to take up (and wouldn't be able to if he left anyway)
Well if the OP is correct and the manager is looking for more money then that suggests his contract is nowhere near the report $800k.

There's no way he's getting more than that from anyone... I very much doubt that he's getting that here and think he's more likely on $650 to $700k max... maybe only $600k if he's looking for money

Well if the OP is correct and the manager is looking for more money then that suggests his contract is nowhere near the report $800k.

There's no way he's getting more than that from anyone... I very much doubt that he's getting that here and think he's more likely on $650 to $700k max... maybe only $600k if he's looking for money
Then you’d have to ask the question, why are we trying to offload him if he is in fact on say 600/650k that seems close to fair for a fit lodge.

No disrespect to OP but he has no idea what he’s talking about. The post is so inaccurate that I thought it was a troll.

No disrespect to OP but he has no idea what he’s talking about. The post is so inaccurate that I thought it was a troll.
I barely understood it .... I think

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.