Matt Parcell to Manly

It isn't official yet, but it may as well be.

It's like the Chad Townsend signing, where the most surprising part is that it took so long to become official.

But when you've got the coach saying stuff like this...

Bennett told The Courier-Mail he would have liked to keep Parcell but his progression showed their development system was working.

“Matty is a good young player and I wasn’t going to hold him back,” Bennett said.
“That’s the great part about the system.
“Ipswich and the Walker brothers (Ben and Shane) there have done a great job with him, we’ve helped him along the way and it makes you feel good.
“At the end of the day, I want Matt to be successful.
“I don’t see it as a shame, it’s a process, it’s the way the system should be working.
“Ipswich helped get him to the Broncos, he got to the Broncos and took his opportunities here.
“We’d love him to stay here, he wants to stay here but we cannot make the offer that he’s got elsewhere.
“That’s business. I’d rather help a kid on his journey.
“I like Matt, he’s a very good player, I have a lot of time for him. He will have a good NRL career.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a-eagles-in-2016/story-fniabm4i-1227460681688

You may as well take it to the bank.

Mind you, I did miss this...

The Broncos have been impressed by teenage hooker Jayden Berrell who is the best rake in Queensland in his age group.

I thought he'd be one of those players who'd quietly slip into the ISC.

Berrell is another one of my favourites. Even in a losing team he tends to play well. He's strong defensively and knows when to run.

Berrell came up through the same system as Ash Taylor, they have played a lot of footy together, both at school, rep and club level. One was always a bit more talented than the other, but Jayden is an uncompromising tough kid, and I would love to see him develop into a FG hooker!

Apparently, Parcell could play 5/8 at Manly.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • cento
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • mrtij
  • Tim K
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.