Matthew Lodge re-signs for 3 more years

Between Haas, Lodge, Joe O., Flegler, Carrigan, we have the middles already sorted before depth.

Do we really want to go north of $400k for him unless he starts performing regularly?

He has to ‘shape himself’ as a backrower, or lock at most to be at his best, and then he’s competing with Matty, Lexie, Fifita, (?)... even Oates is worth discussion soon.

Maybe TPJ is our bench impact weapon that can cover the whole pack. I think he needs to commit to the style of player he wants to be and stop fucking about, really.

I’m happy to let him walk if he wants more than $400 at this stage. If he can increase his reliability and consistency, then we can talk about upgrades.

I think you need consistency and reliability from a lock. I dont see that in TPJ

Hell yes, leads from the front. Wouldn't hurt to give him the co-captaincy as well.

I think you need consistency and reliability from a lock. I dont see that in TPJ

.....yet...

sounds like a few things for him have fallen into place off the field...lets see if he carries this momentum from the Sharks game into this home game against NZ Warriors...

....if so, maybe we re look at his suitability or other of playing lock for us..?

Lodgey is making all the right noises. The way he talks about the club and the whole setup is what I want to hear from players wearing the Broncos jersey.

His three year comittment will have gone a long way to securing TPJ's signature. I'm sure Lodgey will be the Siebs' conduit to get in TPJ's ear and have him performing at a consistent level.

After a full season of playing together I expect our pack to be pretty gung ho next year.

It's scary to think most of the pack are just starting out on their journey. The potential of the group is definitely GF material.

Lodgey is making all the right noises. The way he talks about the club and the whole setup is what I want to hear from players wearing the Broncos jersey.

His three year comittment will have gone a long way to securing TPJ's signature. I'm sure Lodgey will be the Siebs' conduit to get in TPJ's ear and have him performing at a consistent level.

After a full season of playing together I expect our pack to be pretty gung ho next year.

It's scary to think most of the pack are just starting out on their journey. The potential of the group is definitely GF material.

Are you talking about the 2020 GF?

I'd also like to see Fifita given an extension. I'm pretty sure he is off contract at end 2020, meaning clubs can talk come November 1, 2019.
They will be lining up and offering big $ his way.
Surely the club is setting aside the funds to keep him... half our 30 man squad seem to be gone. The salary cap must be a bare slate at the moment

If we re-sign TPJ and upgrade Fifita, surely that depletes our funds for the forward pack? We gotta spend money on backs and halves too. Though I dunno what will happen to Flegler.

In Lodge and Paas we have two of the top three props in the game - Klemmer being the other.

If Fittler was fair dinkum, he would have included Lodge in the Blues - it was only the past offenses that are still counting against him.

Let's face it - Lodge is twice the player of Safiti.

absolutely.....the skies the limit in a few years....B2B premierships in 2021/22 to celebrate doing it 30 years ago is absolutely on.............................CMON YOU BRONCOS.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God I feel old after reading that.

Edit: Stoked with the Lodge signing. He's like a Bronco of old. Consistantly does his job and as tough as they come. Really good signing.

Last edited:
Great news and even better attitude in the article, agree we are building a formidable forward pack. Let’s hope they challenge each other to be better every week.

Still a few to get officially on board: Turpin, Segeyaro, Oates, TPJ, Glenn and noticed Farnworth is only signed for 2019 as well. Also agree with the above that Fifita should be upgraded before the vultures start circling.

Last edited:
In Lodge and Paas we have two of the top three props in the game - Klemmer being the other.

If Fittler was fair dinkum, he would have included Lodge in the Blues - it was only the past offenses that are still counting against him.

Let's face it - Lodge is twice the player of Safiti.

Fittler has a wealth of talent in nearly every position at his disposal. Nsw are gonna have a dynasty as long as what we had I reckon. Which is a shame because our dynasty side was full of legends where as their dynasty will only be because qld is depleted.

If Smith had played they wouldn’t have 2 in a row. This win doesn’t change the problems NSW have and they are dreaming if they really think they are going to dominate for a long time the way we did.
They also fluked the injury to Pearce which brought Maloney into game 2 otherwise they would've had Cleary and Pearce... I can't see how that would've ended well

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • Mustafur
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.