Matty Bowen

Meat77 said:
gUt said:
I would have thought Boyd would be next in line for the FB role.

If he stays...

Be heaps cheaper to keep Boyd, he's activated his option to stay so if we have the money he can stay and will, Bowen would command plenty more IMO.

Therefore nothing in this rumour at all IMHO

On topic. I wouldn't want Bowen. Not because I don't think he's a good player, he's brilliant, a crowd pleaser etc etc. But he IS North Queensland, and the Cowboys are struggling big time and need their marquee players to try and help them build their way out of this hole.

For the sake of the Cowboys, they need him to stay there.

However, I do see K moving to lock as the right move. I'd simply put Hoffman at fullback full time next year.

Why do people want Hunt to move to lock? He offers so much from fullback...he's probably the best fullback in the world at the moment.

Maybe much later in his career he can either move to 5/8th or lock, but why now?

Frank the Tank said:
Alec said:
Why do people want Hunt to move to lock? He offers so much from fullback...he's probably the best fullback in the world at the moment.

Maybe much later in his career he can either move to 5/8th or lock, but why now?
thats very, very debatable. i dont think he is, but we all know that.

next year carroll is gone, so we dont have a lock. i dont feel we're getting the best of him at fullback, all we get is a pass every now and then and him getting smashed in kick returns. like i said, when he gets better at tackling and bulks up a bit he could very well be one of the best locks in the game.

I agree, His ball playing ability would suit very well for the lock role,

And when he gets that stupid shoulder charge business out of his game so A) He doesn't miss half the tackles trying to get one and B) Doesn't injure himself every 2nd week because of one.

then he should be sweet.

...but Eastwood would be a sweet fit in the 11 or 12, too.

Or, in fact, off the bench...

We have too many quality back rowers at the moment to move another player there IMO. Especially if we sign T'eo. I think it's better for the side that Hunt stays at fullback, at least for a few more years...to wait until we lose more back rowers and until Hunt bulks up.

Alec said:
We have too many quality back rowers at the moment to move another player there IMO. Especially if we sign T'eo. I think it's better for the side that Hunt stays at fullback, at least for a few more years...to wait until we lose more back rowers and until Hunt bulks up.

But Eastwood is ALREADY there, largely, as one of our up and coming quality backrowers.

And from what I have been reading in these threads and the media, we seem hardly interested in T'eo.

And now there's speculation about Boyd as well.

Given all the uncertainty, I agree with you - Hunt's best position is FB, and I'd be just as happy with Hunt there as Bowen.

sigh ... when are we going to know about a settled roster for '09?

Probably not until August or September, rnabokov. And that's too early IMO. We shouldn't be doing any of this rubbish until October.

Hunt is the best fullback in the Comp hands down we don't need Bowen unless he comes for FREE.

I dont think Broncos need a Bowen, primarily because his only position is fullback. Look, he's an awesome player, but I have to admit, he's never been a favourite of mine.

It would be a useless buy. Try and find a spot for him the Backline. A surefire waste of money and space.

Lachy said:
It would be a useless buy. Try and find a spot for him the Backline. A surefire waste of money and space.

i agree instead of spending heaps of money on him we should be looking for front rower to sure up our depth. if we need a fullback to replace Hunt for any reason (like injury, suspension, origin moving to 5/8) then i think Hoffman could be a star of the future.

Coxy said:
Probably not until August or September, rnabokov. And that's too early IMO. We shouldn't be doing any of this rubbish until October.

Fair enough and point taken - but so many other teams (and their fans) at least already have a number of known quantities added to their ranks, while we have 1 - Folau.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • MrRobot
  • Pablo
  • Johnny92
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.