International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos 1e4c9qqhd2w6r1dlgmurs66cwu

Broncos must bring the fire if they hope to match the Roosters

May 16, 2019

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's right, especially if we have a bye next week. Go all out, teams usually struggle the week after an emotional performance, but the bye helps.
We are playing the Warriors in Auckland next Saturday.
However I would happily accept a down showing next week if it means a win tonight

I am just happy when I see some passion from the boys, that they actually demonstrate that they genuinely appreciate playing for this club, for it's fans and for each other.

There has been precious little of that for many years now, IMHO. Even our 'development' players at times seem to have a mercenary attitude, as if they are only doing this because they are getting paid and we should be damn grateful they are even there...

It’s a common theme these days. Players, especially the undroppables, tend to treat the game like an office job. They should be playing to win and becoming the best, and the pay check will follow.

Many seem to be doing the last bit first with a bit of an ‘oh well if we win, we win.’ attitude. Mostly because they know they can mercenary to another club or super league and play adequately and still get paid.

Not begrudging them trying to squeeze the most out of a limited-time career, but personally I’d like to be known as a legend of one club that won a few titles rather than a journeyman that happened to be paid well. If I played for us, I wouldn’t care how little I got paid, but I guess it’s easy to say that when it’s a complete hypothetical

If we lose, I want to see them visibly pissed off, not just feigning disappointment. Leave the laughing and bro-hugging opposition to the change rooms or the tunnel after you leave the field

Agree. When I cancelled six seats I had for almost twenty years Andrew Gee rang me in person to ask why. I essentially gave him the same reason. Beer was watered down and over priced, food was outrageously over-priced and the team reflected that attitude that it was all about the filthy lucre. The Broncos had become a caricature of themselves and were simply running a business to fleece punters who were willing to accept mediocrity.

There is still too much of it happening today. Corey Oates and Patty Carrigan being two notable exceptions.

I wish to God that Jimmy the Jet would look back on some of the tries he scored when he thumped the Broncos crest over his heart to imply he was playing for the team. If he really meant it he'd be the first to repay us for the faith we invested in him with a huge attitude adjustment.

Can anyone get a banner up tonight and let the Jet know we want him to stay and show some heart? Mundine wrongly remarked that he was not being shown 'any love'. I beg to differ. We've been in his corner since he came here. We were all willing to accept his past so long as he 'put in' for the team. That's all most of ask. Stuff 'Burn the boats' I'd rather we had - PUT IN FOR THAT CREST ABOVE YOUR HEART FFS! up on the wall.

Someone needs to teach Matty about comma splices and independent clauses. Boy howdy.

But, yeah, this team hasn't shown much emotion for years. They just don't seem to care, win or lose. Especially lose.

The broncos need a hit man in defence. I thought sua would be the guy but he’s dropped off this year.

Someone needs to teach Matty about comma splices and independent clauses. Boy howdy.

But, yeah, this team hasn't shown much emotion for years. They just don't seem to care, win or lose. Especially lose.
Funny cause that's not how he talks - he does it constantly [emoji23]

We had one
We sold him to the cowboys
It was a stupid decision

I’m assuming you’re talking about Kahu because McGuire definitely wasn’t a hit man in defence

The broncos need a hit man in defence. I thought sua would be the guy but he’s dropped off this year.

Last start, Jake Turpin was that guy. Now for Fifita, Flegler and Haas to get in on the act. (Lodge might get to reckless)

Doubt he wrote it. It'd be ghostwritten, probably over the phone. Then blame the News LTD sub if you don't like the punctuation.

But then again, the fact you thought it was written by Johns gives merit to retaining a certain colloquial feel to it. Sometimes wrong is right, innit?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.