McGwire comes clean

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
About time he manned up and confessed.

McGwire said he took steroids to get back on the field, sounding much like the Yankees' Andy Pettitte two years ago when he admitted using HGH.

"During the mid-'90s, I went on the DL seven times and missed 228 games over five years," McGwire said. "I experienced a lot of injuries, including a ribcage strain, a torn left heel muscle, a stress fracture of the left heel, and a torn right heel muscle. It was definitely a miserable bunch of years, and I told myself that steroids could help me recover faster. I thought they would help me heal and prevent injuries, too."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/01/11/mcgwire.steroids.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

That was the sound of every baseball fan going "oh, der!"

Fozz said:
That was the sound of every baseball fan going "oh, der!"

Hahaha exactly. Only because Tony LaRussa has hired him as the hitting coach..

Worst kept secret in Baseball.

Not that it excuses the use of performance enhancing drugs, but can kind of understand why he did it. He was terrible with injuries.

Now Sammy Sosa is the only white guy thats good at home runs.

Clintos said:
Worst kept secret in Baseball.

Not that it excuses the use of performance enhancing drugs, but can kind of understand why he did it. He was terrible with injuries.

Exactly. Jose Conseco once said that steroids in the 80's and 90's were as common as a cup of coffee.

pennywisealfie said:
Now Sammy Sosa is the only white guy thats good at home runs.

He's not so clean either.

I dont really mind, I just wanted to make light (get it?) of Sammy Sosas colour change.

pennywisealfie said:
I dont really mind, I just wanted to make light (get it?) of Sammy Sosas colour change.

*Seinfeld Bass*

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Redux
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.