OFFICIAL Merrin to Penrith

Re: [RUMOUR] Merrin to Broncos

Copley has shown decent glimpses, but everytime he was given the chance to cement the centre position last year, he came up short

That just quite simply isn't what happened.. Reed went down with injury and Copley played the best football of his career at Centre, even leading the league in tries scored at one point.. then Reed came back from injury and eventually reclaimed the jumper, because Griffin.

His play at Centre was nothing short of outstanding.

That just quite simply isn't what happened.. Reed went down with injury and Copley played the best football of his career at Centre, even leading the league in tries scored at one point.. then Reed came back from injury and eventually reclaimed the jumper, because Griffin.

Because Griffin is the only way to describe how Copley didn't keep the spot.

Oh ok well i better believe you then, coz you had a great reason of "because griffin". How compelling. Your argument is all based on guesses until we see Copley actually cement the broncos centre spot and even then, displacing reed is not an achievement in itself. Reed is not 1st grade material. If gagai was at the broncos last year, we wouldnt have even seen reed or copley and to suggest otherwise is just funny. Gagai > copley any single day of the week.

Ill laugh if Bennett runs with Reed in round 1...

So will I. But then I won't need to say anything negative about it because no doubt you and many others will.

Copley is overrated on this forum. He has had a few really good games at centre, but a lot of very mediocre ones.
I agree with you on this, he shows promise but he's very inconsistent. Hopefully he steps up a bit this year.

Copley plays better on the left and Gagai has been playing right centre for the Knights so i would assume IF he came here he would play right wing or fullback until Hodges pulled the pin

I have just realised this is the Merrin rumour thread. WTF are we doing talking about Gagai, Copley and Reed?

Last edited:

@SkyNewsAust: Standing by to take you live to Broncos HQ on Sky News! #skyqld http://t.co/33Ge1XleAY (@brookewylie)

Sorry, disregard. Wrong thread.

Last edited:

Oh ok well i better believe you then, coz you had a great reason of "because griffin". How compelling. Your argument is all based on guesses until we see Copley actually cement the broncos centre spot

What..... ?

Do you even watch Broncos games or do you just come on here and talk shit? If you watched us last year you'd know that Copley played awesome at Centre and there was no valid reason for Griffin to move Reed back to Centre when he returned.

What..... ?

Do you even watch Broncos games or do you just come on here and talk shit? If you watched us last year you'd know that Copley played awesome at Centre and there was no valid reason for Griffin to move Reed back to Centre when he returned.

I understand that, what i am saying is until we see bennett pick copley over reed, you are simply assuming the reason is "because griffin".

I 100% agree that copley is better than reed. Reed is not 1st grade material.

Weidler reporting Merrin to sign with Penrith very shortly.

Bit of a shame tbh.. I think he would've been a really nice addition to the team, especially once Thaiday, Parker etc move on.

While Penrith's issues were previously to do with back-ending deals (as opposed to simply paying too much), that seems a lot of money for them to spend on a forward. Maybe they realised from their almost-but-not-enough season last year that you can mix it with the big boys with a courageous cut-price pack, but you can't dominate with at least one elite forward. While I rate some of their forwards as very good (eg, Taylor), Merrin will definitely be their best.

I wonder what that means for Adam Docker, Lewis Brown and Sika Manu. I wouldn't say no to having Docker at the club.

Can't say I've ever been a fan of Merrin...

No doubt he's the best forward at the Dragons and has the ability to be one of the best in the game but he's remained stagnant for sometime and he's got to accept some responsibility for that.

With that said, I like his move to Penrith. They're a good team Penrith with plenty to like moving forward but they needed somebody in Merrin's role to help get them moving through the middle.

Now it's up to Merrin to toughen up a bit, quit opting for soft flashy options and roll up his sleeves some more. I don't think he was going to become that player at the Dragons...at Penrith it could happen.

As for the Broncos, look, if there is an opportunity to sign a player like Merrin at a decent rate, I wouldn't knock it back but we have players in his mould and I don't think the front row is going to be a problem for us.

In my view, he was too much like Josh McGuire and Corey Parker anyhow.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.