OFFICIAL Merrin to Penrith

Re: [RUMOUR] Merrin to Broncos

Pretty fair summary BP. I am not bummed that we did not get him. If they develop I think some of our junior forwards probably show some upside for us.

Can we sign Docker.

Docker wouldn't be the worst signing in the world but I don't think he's especially great either and find it baffling that he was selected over Fensom.

Reminds me a lot of Joel Edwards. A couple of big hits here and there followed by very little...

Let Wests have him.

I am quite happy with Webcke and Petero MK2 coming through (McGuire and Ofahengaue)

Can we sign a top line prop? That is what we are (still) missing the most IMHO.

I think our props are above average atm, in terms of the NRL standard.

McGuire, Blair, Gavet is a pretty strong trio of props, hopefully a Garbutt or someone can step up and be handy as well off the bench.

Our primary issue atm is wingers.

750k is just dumb, ridiculously dumb.

EDIT: The one prop I'd love at the Broncos is JWH. He's a grub, but he's the type of forward that we need.

Last edited:

If we were to lose one of Thaiday or Glenn as well as Stagg and Lowrie and then sign someone like Gagai and Docker, I'd be pretty happy. I would have loved to get Nigel Plum for this year. He's one of my favourites.

Dissapointed but not shattered. Merrin is a great player and would've been a good signing but we've got some top forwards who can do a job. 750k a year is a bit much though I would've offered him 400 to 500 grand a year.

Way overs for someone yet to really prove they are a genuine top-notch forward IMO.

I wonder what that means for Adam Docker, Lewis Brown and Sika Manu. I wouldn't say no to having Docker at the club.
Docker is no different to Dodds - can put on a shot but won't make you any metres.

I know the salary cap has gone up, but there's been some ridiculous figures bandied about recently. Hardly commensurate with the cap increase.

It's all Sticky's fault. Throwing around big money for guys like Kevin Proctor and Tedesco. Now everyone seems to use that as a baseline for market value.

Gee the Panthers will have some quality forward who can offload next season. it is a good signing but I think they overpaid if the contract price rumoured is correct.

I'm so happy!!! Did not want him at all and now we can concentrate on bringing Joffa and Jarrow through. Arrow has the potential to be anything at lock!!

It's a very good signing, even if it is a little too much. He's an excellent player that hasn't even reached his peak yet.
Better value than Kennedy was last season.

Because Griffin is the only way to describe how Copley didn't keep the spot.

[h=4]Broncos[/h]1 Jordan Kahu
2 Dale Copley
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Adam Blair
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Mitchell Dodds
15 James Gavet
16 Matt Gillett
17 Aaron Whitchurch
18 Kodi Nikorima

Bahahahhahahahahahahaha

Broncos

1 Jordan Kahu
2 Dale Copley
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Adam Blair
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Mitchell Dodds
15 James Gavet
16 Matt Gillett
17 Aaron Whitchurch
18 Kodi Nikorima

Bahahahhahahahahahahaha

Hey genius, this was obvious all week. Copley will be attacking at centre and defending on the wing.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • The Strapper
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • levikaden
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.