Michael Ballack out of the World Cup

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8684774.stm
Germany captain Michael Ballack has been ruled out of this summer's World Cup because of the right ankle injury he suffered in Saturday's FA Cup final.

The 33-year-old Chelsea midfielder has made 98 appearances for his country and played in the last two World Cups.

A scan showed damage to two ligaments but it is expected to be eight weeks before he can resume training and Germany's first match is on 13 June.

Big blow for Germany, and a massive boost for Australia, Ghana and Serbia. They will still be very hard to get a result from, but Ballack is a crucial player for them.

He was talking about him being injured every few games. And it's also ironic that the bloke who injured him plays for Ghana, and his brother plays for germany and may get a spot in the squad now.

Yeah Kevin-Prince Boateng was born in Germany but will represent Ghana. Funny old world isn't it lol

Scotty said:
Yeah Kevin-Prince Boateng was born in Germany but will represent Ghana. Funny old world isn't it lol

Easily the most uncool thing to ever happen in the history of the world.

he must have saw Vince Grella

Meat77 said:
I'm putting it down to fear of the Socceroos...

Why do we feel a need to give every national side a name? Socceroos, Wallaroos, Matildas, Boomers..

it's seriously fucking gay,

It certainly is Lachy, I hate referring to them as the "socceroos." It's embarrassing.

its lame, but its part of our tradition. Socceroos ftw

Traditions change, and I wish that name would.

It's hardly like Aus football has a rich heritage anyway.

Change it before we become too much of a laughing stock

just because its not well known, doesnt mean that we dont have tradition. Im very proud to call the Socceroos my team. Being a fan of Australian football all of these years, I've seen my fair share of disappointments. I remember taking a day off school in 93 to see Argentina go to the world cup in our place after a deflected goal off Alex Tobin, i remember in 97 on the verge of tears after losing to Iran and then again 4 years later against Uruguay. While these are all bad memories, we wouldn't be where we are today without them.

Yes things change, I'm no longer the only person I know who is passionate about football, soccer is now called football, we no longer hire guys like Frank Arok & Eddie Thompson as coach, a win against NZ is no longer cause for celebration, rather criticism that we didn't beat them by enough...all these things are different then when i was first into football, and I'm happy to see that, but some things shouldn't change, the gold and green jerseys and the socceroos name are good examples.

Essien is also out of the tournament. Good news for the Socceroos.

Lol, only about ten posts too late there Brizzy boy.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • phoenix
  • barker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • upthebroncs
  • Scorchie
  • lakers133334
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Santa
  • the_next
  • leish107
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.