OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Lmao wtf? Did Tallis name drop Henjak alongside the likes of Robinson and Bellyache during that? It's at 11:32
I liked when he was listing coaches that “weren’t good enough” in the eye of the broncos to show that they sack coaches too early and used Seibold as one of the examples.

The guy deathrode Seibold harder than anyone. Pretty sure he was pretty tough on Wayne too

I know Madge has a reputation for being hard-nosed and all, but I think after his experiences at Tigers & Rabbits, and how those jobs didn't end well, it's probably safe to assume he's evolved and learned a lot. I'd like to believe he's not just that these days, if you know what I mean.

He has.

Watch the interview he does with Matty and Cooper Johns. He talks about not everyone responding to the hard nosed approach and that he will work with that player to find a way to get through to them and get them to buy in. He's willing to adapt. He's not just going to flog the blokes 24/7.

I know Madge has a reputation for being hard-nosed and all, but I think after his experiences at Tigers & Rabbits, and how those jobs didn't end well, it's probably safe to assume he's evolved and learned a lot. I'd like to believe he's not just that these days, if you know what I mean.

Knowing that you can’t be that way anymore and actually not being that way anymore are two very different things.

Have an actual interview process for a start. You flogs worshipping everything this current administration are doing is insane. They’ve done nothing right in their tenure. Why would this be any different?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely don't think Maguire is the right man for the job.

But also, what the **** do I know? Just wanna see us win.

Knowing that you can’t be that way anymore and actually not being that way anymore are two very different things.
Of course, I'm not saying he can't be that way, but the way people speak of him though as if that's basically all he is as a coach. I think he's probably become more than just a tough coach. Obviously, I can't know for sure, but his recent success with NZ and NSW gives me hope that that's the case

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely don't think Maguire is the right man for the job.

But also, what the **** do I know? Just wanna see us win.
Me too. I don’t see us winning with current administration in charge.

Good luck to Madge. I hope he is indeed the guy who takes us back to premiership glory. That said I have grave concerns for how the club is being run. The coach isn’t the only thing that needs to be addressed this off season l. Let’s see DD get to work and sort this shit out. He’s only had 4 years already.

Good luck to Madge. I hope he is indeed the guy who takes us back to premiership glory. That said I have grave concerns for how the club is being run. The coach isn’t the only thing that needs to be addressed this off season l. Let’s see DD get to work and sort this shit out. He’s only had 4 years already.
I’m just not sure what else Dave could’ve done. Other than fire Kev earlier? He probably should’ve sacked Kev at the end of 2022 when he couldn’t accept working with Ikin.

Other than that, I really am not sure what else he could’ve done.

I’m just not sure what else Dave could’ve done. Other than fire Kev earlier? He probably should’ve sacked Kev at the end of 2022 when he couldn’t accept working with Ikin.

Other than that, I really am not sure what else he could’ve done.
Really?? That’s you assuming the coach is the clubs only problem.

Other than the board, which isn’t under Dave’s control, what else are you unhappy about that isn’t Kev’s responsibility?

I’m asking sincerely. I’m trying to understand your gripe
The CEO is the boss not the coach. The buck stops with him. A review done via survey monkey sounds good

Really?? That’s you assuming the coach is the clubs only problem.
I know Kev isn’t the only problem, but isn’t part of that his fault for not being able to work with Ikin.

By all reports it was his way or the highway, so a lot of the onus has to land on him for wanting to be in control so much. The bloke filtered through new assistant coaches every year, doesn’t scream “easy to work with”.

The CEO is the boss not the coach. The buck stops with him. A review done via survey monkey sounds good
He took responsibility and acted swiftly on finding a new coach when this one was failing. It’s only half a week in but I guess he could bring in a head of football and assess if our recruitment has what it takes to build the team the new coach wants.

What specifically do you think Dave has done wrong?

I know Kev isn’t the only problem, but isn’t part of that his fault for not being able to work with Ikin.

By all reports it was his way or the highway, so a lot of the onus has to land on him for wanting to be in control so much. The bloke filtered through new assistant coaches every year, doesn’t scream “easy to work with”.
I wonder if the CEO could of hired a new footy manager

Active Now

• Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Dexter
  • Waynesaurus
  • NYCDB
  • john1420
  • Big Del
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • mrtij
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnyE
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Manofoneway
  • Spoon
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ettybay
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.