OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

He took responsibility and acted swiftly on finding a new coach when this one was failing. It’s only half a week in but I guess he could bring in a head of football and assess if our recruitment has what it takes to build the team the new coach wants.

What specifically do you think Dave has done wrong?
He literally re-signed the coach 6 months ago for one. lol what a master stroke. He’s signed off on all our roster moves since he’s been at the club. Didn’t replace Ikin. Held a club review via survey monkey ffs

We always seem to hire the people the Storm don’t want.

You mean Joe McDermott?
Pretty sure he's basically a team manager, which was Steve Walters old role... when Oates done a tour of the facilities recently on the fan he was basically joking about him sending out memos.

I wonder if the CEO could of hired a new footy manager
Don’t you think given how Kevie reacted to the last one it’s suggests that it would’ve just created more friction getting someone again.
You mean Joe McDermott?
I think he was more of the Steve Walter’s role aye? Just a team manager sort of role, not a “Head of football” or GM. Like what Ikin was doing towards the end of his tenure because of the Kevie beef.

I think he was more of the Steve Walter’s role aye? Just a team manager sort of role, not a “Head of football” or GM. Like what Ikin was doing towards the end of his tenure because of the Kevie beef.

It's been said on here that he's been in the role since Ikin left.

Walters was football admin.

He literally re-signed the coach 6 months ago for one. lol what a master stroke. He’s signed off on all our roster moves since he’s been at the club. Didn’t replace Ikin. Held a club review via survey monkey ffs

lol well I do agree with you there. The Kev extension was mind blowing level of stupid at the time.

I don’t think there’s been any bad contracts under Dave, definitely some bad decisions about who to bring in and keep but he’s a CEO, it’s not his job to be an expert on player ability. That’s on the coach and the recruitment team.

Ikin left because of Kev. Ikin who by all accounts was an amazing fit for the role. If he wasn’t good enough to have an opinion around Kev who would’ve been?

So in a sense I agree with you, we should have picked Ikin over Kev and we never should’ve extended Kev. But you can’t call those things bad decisions and then also be upset that Kev got sacked.

Dave gave Kev full control and backed him with a long contract. That’s a negative mark on his name, but what does it then say about Kev.

Do you really believe Kevies contract wasn’t filled with performance clauses etc.?

I know Kevie “stepped down” but even if we sacked him I doubt we would’ve even had to pay him out

Maybe the extension was to try and give Kev and the team some confidence, maybe it was to send a message to dissenting players that he is here for longer so get with the program, honestly though I don’t give a shit about that it just means a larger payout and it’s not my money.

He did replace Ikin with Joe McDermott.

The Storm clearly wanted to keep DD evidenced by the shit fight they put up which lead to him not being able to start with us for 6 months.

There are obviously issues at the club with a majority of not all of them at board level and that is something that no-one, especially DD can do anything about.

Don’t you think given how Kevie reacted to the last one it’s suggests that it would’ve just created more friction getting someone again.

CEO’s job to pull him into line. Footy manager is an integral part of a club

Do you really believe Kevies contract wasn’t filled with performance clauses etc.?

I know Kevie “stepped down” but even if we sacked him I doubt we would’ve even had to pay him out
That’s a good point. I haven’t heard anything about a pay out which usually becomes one of the main stories in these situations.

Never heard of him. Looks to be doing a fantastic job.

Doesn't look to be doing a good job, but for ***** sake we've only just done our review.

We've replaced Kevvie quickly but we've been talking to Madge for a while now.

Save the meltdown until at least the end of the year. Shit doesn't just happen overnight.

It's been said on here that he's been in the role since Ikin left.

Walters was football admin.
I know he replaced Ikin, but you gotta remember towards the end Ikin was fulfilling a completely different role at the club, he wasn’t overseeing recruitment and all that towards the end.

Amazing to see people so desperate to defend a ceo who has done nothing of note at the club but more than happy to shit on club legends. Our fan base really does get what we deserve . Just a soulless business now.

Amazing to see people so desperate to defend a ceo who has done nothing of note at the club but more than happy to shit on club legends. Our fan base really does get what we deserve . Just a soulless business now.
No-one is blindly defending him, we are just responding to the points you are making that are not correct. Plenty of things to criticise without making stuff up.

Well it was supposed to anonymous.. What did you expect? Call each player in but pretend he doesn't know who he's talking to?
Clearly what they should have done is have a piece of cardboard in front of them so when the player walks into the room they don’t know who it is. Then when Jordan Riki comes in and says “Churr bros it’s Jordan Riki should I sit or stand?” you just pretend you didn’t hear that.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Socnorb
  • ezpz
  • Manofoneway
  • Spoon
  • john1420
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Reds2011
  • HarryAllan7
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • bonza
  • mrtij
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.