Michael Morgan

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
i know hes the only surviving memeber of the cowboys spine but my god he is useless as a playmaker. No passing or kicking game to speak of. Compare our 2 teams without their dominent half and he makes Milf look like Andrew Johns.

No way he has an origin career after Thursto retires.

If he didn't play with Thurston he wouldn't have a career. He is barely a park footy player and I think it is atrocious he has played for QLD and Australia.

As much as I'd love to chop him down, he's not a superstar but he's not a park footballer either.

If it was a matter of anyone looking good beside Thurston, why have they only been premiership-level since Morgan's been his partner?

Any team losing two Australian props, as well as their first choice 1, 7 and 9 are going to struggle.

As much as I'd love to chop him down, he's not a superstar but he's not a park footballer either.

If it was a matter of anyone looking good beside Thurston, why have they only been premiership-level since Morgan's been his partner?

Any team losing two Australian props, as well as their first choice 1, 7 and 9 are going to struggle.
Yeah I didn't want this to seem like sour grapes. Morgan plays his role excellentally and ripped us in the GF, but I hadn't realised until now because he's expected to do a lot more, just how narrow his skill set is.

He is playing next to a prop in the halves and he looks like the rookie of the pair.

Lol Morgan a park footballer? Get real. He is a good player. He's just not an organising halfback.

Lol Morgan a park footballer? Get real. He is a good player. He's just not an organising halfback.

He isn't a half full stop, and that is the position he is playing in and as such is the way I will judge him.

If he wants the accolades he can cop the shit too.

He's a deadly runner of the ball when in form. Agree with soup that he's a centre or fullback, unless his partner is a demi-god like Thurston.

I wanted him as a centre last year. Still think he should be in the running for that position this year, with Inglis out of the running, and keep Gagai on the wing.

Agreed, he's devistating out wide when others with vision like JT have set him up.

If he didn't play with Thurston he wouldn't have a career. He is barely a park footy player and I think it is atrocious he has played for QLD and Australia.

He is merely a player that, when given representative opportunities, grabbed them with both hands and cemented his position in the team.

Unlike that muppet Ben Hunt who thought going out and getting on the grog was more important than playing for QLD. Utterly embarrassing.

He takes a big shit on Milf just about every time they play.

Good utility, not sure about dominant half though.

I rate him as a centre, not a play maker.

He'd get exposed big time in defence if he moved to centre. In my mind he's a hard running FB like Dugan, only with a slightly better passing game, and a far worse defensive game game: Dugan is also a stronger runner and can cover centre/wing.

I would only take him at the Broncos on minimum wage or close to it to play off the bench.

He is merely a player that, when given representative opportunities, grabbed them with both hands and cemented his position in the team.

Unlike that muppet Ben Hunt who thought going out and getting on the grog was more important than playing for QLD. Utterly embarrassing.

When Ben Hunt was given rep opportunities he did grab it with both hands and played very well. He provided good spark off the bench. He was a turning point for us against England and came up with some nice touches in the Final to swing momentum our way.

I'm of course talking about the Four Nations in 2014.

Even if he didn't get on the grog last year, he was never playing for QLD so I'm not sure how you could slam him for it when he was never going to get that opportunity in the first place because of Thurston, Cronk and Morgan already cementing his place in the side.

LOL short memories a few people. He is badly out of form atm but he is a perfect running 5/8th IF you have a very organising halfback around. Ever since they went with him next to Thurston they have been a contender every year. He has a decent passing game when he is in form although not his strong point. Has absolutely ripped us every time he plays for as long as I can remember.

Morgan barely looking like a first grade starter tonight

Morgan barely looking like a first grade starter tonight

Nah it's all the 50/50 calls that go against the Cowboys so frequently more so then any other team and forward passes that make him look bad apparently.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • mitch222
  • Fozz
  • marw
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.