Michael Morgan

Hunt looked like a world beater against the raiders last week too. Some perspective is required on both sides of the argument.

Further to that, how is you waiting for a good game from him to start your crowing any different to what you are accusing others of?

You've got to admit though b4l

This..

He is barely a park footy player

Is one of your best.

Jesus mate, how come your voodoo doesn't work on Hunt? Both you and Unbreakable have been working over time and nada zilch.

In all seriousness, it was evident that some fans on here couldn't wait until Morgan had a shocker so they could sink the boot in. It was also pretty obvious that without an experienced fullback, halfback and hooker alongside him his form wasn't a fair reflection of him as a player. True, he still should have been better than what he was, but every single player goes through these slumps and the fact he's come out the other side as a better player speaks volumes.

The Cows are a damn good side and for them to be pressing for a Top 4 spot despite all the set-backs says a lot about the overall quality of the side. Players like Taumalolo, Bolton, Granville, Asiata, Lowe, Feldt, Cooper, Hess, Coote etc. are just so good, Green has done a wonderful job of taking the responsibility away from JT.

Hunt looked like a world beater against the raiders last week too. Some perspective is required on both sides of the argument.

Further to that, how is you waiting for a good game from him to start your crowing any different to what you are accusing others of?

Well I didn't do that. I have been a fan and stated it here I just didn't do it in the Morgan thread.

For the record though I don't particularly want him selected at 6 for Qld. I prefer DCE
with Munster at centre and Morgan on the bench. I don't think there is much between them but DCE IMO is better credentialed and as good as Morgan has been overall it's a step up to 6 at SoO level compared to an out of sorts Raiders.

Last edited:

This..

Is one of your best.

Jesus mate, how come your voodoo doesn't work on Hunt? Both you and Unbreakable have been working over time and nada zilch.

In all seriousness, it was evident that some fans on here couldn't wait until Morgan had a shocker so they could sink the boot in. It was also pretty obvious that without an experienced fullback, halfback and hooker alongside him his form wasn't a fair reflection of him as a player. True, he still should have been better than what he was, but every single player goes through these slumps and the fact he's come out the other side as a better player speaks volumes.

The Cows are a damn good side and for them to be pressing for a Top 4 spot despite all the set-backs says a lot about the overall quality of the side. Players like Taumalolo, Bolton, Granville, Asiata, Lowe, Feldt, Cooper, Hess, Coote etc. are just so good, Green has done a wonderful job of taking the responsibility away from JT.
There is still a lot of sour grapes amongst Bronco fans towards Morgan ever since he pulled the Bronco's pants down with :02 remaining in the '15 GF. I get that, that was a terrible thing he did to us but it doesn't prevent me from acknowledging what a quality player he is.

There is still a lot of sour grapes amongst Bronco fans towards Morgan ever since he pulled the Bronco's pants down with :02 remaining in the '15 GF. I get that, that was a terrible thing he did to us but it doesn't prevent me from acknowledging what a quality player he is.
Id agree there, but with a couple of things in mind. He is a great support player with good all round skill set. However his defence, especially for a player his size is a weakness, and he primarily plays as a running half outside the best half in the world. Not a reason, not to play him, mind you, but worth noting when considering his form. I think we have more to worry about how our big 3 (slater, Cronk, and especially smith) play with a new halve than who the halve is, as they tend to dominate them in a way that leaves their skills redundant. This can't continue.

This..

Is one of your best.

I have clarified this several times based on the fact that he is being played as a half and I am judging him as that, as I centre I think he is quality.

Even as a half, he's been one of the Cowboys best in recent weeks.

What about playing Morgan at center to replace Boyd and Munster to replace JT

Even as a half, he's been one of the Cowboys best in recent weeks.

And previous to that he was one of their worst. But we can't talk about that because reasons.

Was that before or after he came up with the clutch play in the grand final?

It didn't take much for you to sink the boots in him, just a couple of bad performances where he had little support.

Was that before or after he came up with the clutch play in the grand final?

It didn't take much for you to sink the boots in him, just a couple of bad performances where he had little support.

Mate I have never liked Morgan, I still don't like him now, although I can admit that he has a good running game.

I didn't like him before the GF and you can dig through posts if you don't believe me.

I'm entitled to my opinion as much as anyone and I'm a bit sick of being told why I think what I think.

Morgan has definitely made a real **** of me for making this thread recently .

@broncos4life

That much is obvious, but barely park football standard?

What was that lesson about outlandish statements, teach?

Given his current form, I can see him getting the 6 for game III. However, I'd still prefer to see Morgan come off the bench, as he's a perfect utility.

I'd have Munster there, given his combination with the rest of the spine, Boyd left centre and Oates on the wing.

Next year, with at least 2 members retiring this season, we'll need to start building a new spine, and realistically we need to find a suitable partner for Milf, and I don't think Morgan fits the description.

Is Boyd going to be right for the game @Porthoz?

Given his current form, I can see him getting the 6 for game III. However, I'd still prefer to see Morgan come off the bench, as he's a perfect utility.

I'd have Munster there, given his combination with the rest of the spine, Boyd left centre and Oates on the wing.

Next year, with at least 2 members retiring this season, we'll need to start building a new spine, and realistically we need to find a suitable partner for Milf, and I don't think Morgan fits the description.
To be fair I don't think Munster suits Milf either unless Milf really steps up as a game controller.

@broncos4life

That much is obvious, but barely park football standard?

What was that lesson about outlandish statements, teach?

Not to bet anything on them that you're not prepared to follow through with?

Nah, that's not it I think it went something like...

The lesson here is don't make outlandish statements and realise you don't know everything, no matter how much you think you do.

Poetic.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.