Michael Voss

Good decision there Vossy. I still don't see how the AFL team on the Gold Coast is going to work to be honest.

Good decision not to coach the Gold Coast side but dumb decision to move to West Coast IMO.

Would've been wiser to go to the Gold Coast. Dumbarse move. Going to a club with no immediate future and a sterling reputation for f***ing everything up.

He is just what the Weagles need, good luck to him he will need it and be in the prime position to take over as coach when Wosher gets the push

Yeah agree Russo. West Coast are a club that are crying out for someone to bring a positive culture in (other than positive drug tests) and break the insular boys club they have now that spawned most of their problems. Voss could be the man for that.

Much better than taking a punt on the Gold Coast which the AFL basically have just decided to plonk there because they're spooked by the NRL actually successfully expanding to the region. GC17 won't start strongly at all IMO.

I think he needed to be at least an assistant before taking the head coaches role. i also thought it was funny to see one of the Eagles top players have put in his contract that if the Club or any of its players are in the news for bad behaviour or any thing else negative, that he will be allowed a trade to the club of his choice, and the Eagles have to make the deal.

I think it's the perfect move, out of the spotlight Melbourne coaches get and will be involved in bringing one of the best clubs of the last 2 decades back to life. Not to mention the AFL stocks they have there.

Good move.

Lachy said:
Would've been wiser to go to the Gold Coast. Dumbarse move. Going to a club with no immediate future and a sterling reputation for f***ing everything up.

No immediate future? What does that make for half of the Sydney NRL clubs then?

A members base that is higher than their stadium capacity and still averaging almost 40,000 to their home games despite in the running for the bottom 3.

Plenty of future there.

As for Vossy, I think it's a smart move for him. Perth is like a fishbowl at some stages and a cauldron at others when the focus is on the Eagles so he'll be feeling the pinch at various stages in terms of the team's performance on and off the field. Definitely a smart man who will bring great culture to a club lacking any real leadership and definitely down on confidence with their steep fall out. Good move but he'll be seriously tested.

SimplyBronco said:
Lachy said:

A members base that is higher than their stadium capacity and still averaging almost 40,000 to their home games despite in the running for the bottom 3.

Plenty of future there.

As for Vossy, I think it's a smart move for him. Perth is like a fishbowl at some stages and a cauldron at others when the focus is on the Eagles so he'll be feeling the pinch at various stages in terms of the team's performance on and off the field. Definitely a smart man who will bring great culture to a club lacking any real leadership and definitely down on confidence with their steep fall out. Good move but he'll be seriously tested.

Half of the Sydney clubs are doomed anyway...If you're denying that you're kidding yourself.

You don't understand that there are 4 or 5 more clubs with bigger membership bases. The fact of the matter is, these guys ARE the bad boys of the AFL, and to move to a club where not only your reputation can be damaged, but your whole career.

Why wouldn't you take an option to build a brand new franchise instead of trying to flog a dead horse in the west?

Voss is influential and he'll make an impact over at WC. I think it's a good move for both parties.

Lachy said:
SimplyBronco said:
Lachy said:

Plenty of future there.

Half of the Sydney clubs are doomed anyway...If you're denying that you're kidding yourself.

You don't understand that there are 4 or 5 more clubs with bigger membership bases. The fact of the matter is, these guys ARE the bad boys of the AFL, and to move to a club where not only your reputation can be damaged, but your whole career.

Why wouldn't you take an option to build a brand new franchise instead of trying to flog a dead horse in the west?

Misunderstanding much? I'm saying that Sydney clubs don't have much of a future in the NRL. As for West Coast, reputation aside most definitely have a future in front of them and each club goes through its phases of 'bad boy' reputation (the Pies, Hawks, Kangas though to not an extreme extent as the Eagles). Membership bases are indicative of the success and popularity of the club and it's the supporters that drive it and I guarantee you any NRL club would dream of having over 35,000 members. From what I've drawn, you are talking about the financial future right?

SimplyBronco said:
Lachy said:
SimplyBronco said:
Lachy said:

Plenty of future there.

Misunderstanding much? I'm saying that Sydney clubs don't have much of a future in the NRL. As for West Coast, reputation aside most definitely have a future in front of them and each club goes through its phases of 'bad boy' reputation (the Pies, Hawks, Kangas though to not an extreme extent as the Eagles). Membership bases are indicative of the success and popularity of the club and it's the supporters that drive it and I guarantee you any NRL club would dream of having over 35,000 members. From what I've drawn, you are talking about the financial future right?

I'm talking about both, no-one will want to sponsor these guys if they keep acting up, and no-one will want to be members of a losing club...why the hell would you want to coach there. Maybe its just the fact I hate West Coast with a passion, but I really honestly think that if their financial and off field events continue, they should be revoked of their AFL license.

The AFL would be foolish to remove their licence for off-field misdemeanours. The club itself has a responsibility and despite the fact that its waivered a number of the players' conduct for on-field success, the financial generation and pulling power of the club is enough for it to continue to be in the AFL. There will always be a candidate for a coaching position at such a club and it'll continue to win support simply because of the magnitude of success of the code.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.