Mickey Arthur sacked as Australian coach

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Arthur was dumped after a meeting with chief executive James Sutherland and high performance manager Pat Howard in Bristol last night, where Australia A beat Gloucester.

It is unclear who will replace him but Queensland coach Darren Lehmann is currently in England coaching Australia A. Arthur is the victim of Australia’s poor performance on the field and lack of discipline off it.

Mickey Arthur sacked as Australian coach | News.com.au

They should have started sacking the inept players & selectors first.

Arthur was dumped after a meeting with chief executive James Sutherland and high performance manager Pat Howard in Bristol last night, where Australia A beat Gloucester.

It is unclear who will replace him but Queensland coach Darren Lehmann is currently in England coaching Australia A. Arthur is the victim of Australia’s poor performance on the field and lack of discipline off it.

Mickey Arthur sacked as Australian coach | News.com.au

They should have started sacking the inept players & selectors first.

Yeah the selectors needed to be dumped before him.... WTF

Bring in Boof, need a no nonsense guy in there who won't take all the primadonna bullshit.

Hope Paul White takes note!

I'm sure he will... Unfortunately I feel the lesson he will learn is that there is another coaching position available in Australian sport, panic, and sign Griffin until 2030 with an option in his favour

Hallelujah! Boof is up there with AB as one of our greatest adopted Queenslanders.

Now let's hope Lehman isn't just a big fish in a small pond and can actually make a positive impact.

Would be great if Alan Border became coach he would certainly fire them up and bring in the right attitude.

Makes it hard for team unity when there is Team Watson and Team Clarke

Feel for Mickey Arthur, he came across as a good positive sort of guy and seemed to be pretty obliging with his time for the media ect .. But I (like many others no doubt) always just had a nagging feeling that the bloke best suited for the top job with this current Aust squad was getting it done up here in Queensland ..

From what I've heard Lehman just seems to have THE personality for coaching in the modern day - ie a mix of old school values, a sense of fun and whatever the **** that key ingredient is for getting through to uber sensitive yet uber confident yet uber insecure yet uber born-with-a-sense-of-totally-unjustified-self-entitlement gen Y'ers ...

The timing seems far from ideal, (almost akin to the Henjak - Griffin switcheroo) although it might just be the thing that gives our guys a boost ... by god we need something because I cannot remember a more shambolic, dogs breakfast of a preparation for an Ashes series than this one.

Well the elephant in the room is Inverarity. How he survives each debacle boggles my mind.

Michael Clarke has quit as a selector.

Shame he didn't quit the team.

Michael Clarke has quit as a selector.

Shame he didn't quit the team.

Is that because he doesn't agree with arthur being dumped? our he has finally realised that him and the other selectors are shit?

It's probably because he realises that Boof won't put up with all the shit, that some players 'get' away with it.

It's probably because he realises that Boof won't put up with all the shit, that some players 'get' away with it.

This.

Watch Boof put Clarke in his place.

I can't wait.

This.

Watch Boof put Clarke in his place.

I can't wait.

Or he realised that the captain has a clear conflict of interest being on the selection panel.

Cricket Australia is full of wankers these days.

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • broncotville
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.