NEWS Milestone man Macca eyes life at Red Hill

on that basis Seibold is retaining Macca so we aren't left with one Dummy Half option for an entire season?

Seibold is retaining Macca because he has no choice ... Macca has a contract that allows him to stay next year

Plus he’s fucking ordinary anyway
[automerge]1563317241[/automerge]
Great achievement Macca but if you want to be a one club player I hope you’re resigned to this being your last contract.
Bennett is on record saying he would've kept him and the club should have. OOPS

I'm sure Seibs checks out this forum occasionally purely for comedic value. He may even check out the live game chat so he can see where the more psychotic Bronco fans hang out.

He should be on Facebook then. Although I guess they’re on the level of pure idiocy more than anything else

Bennett is on record saying he would've kept him and the club should have. OOPS

When Bennett’s agenda is now with Souths you can’t take anything that comes out of his mouth in regards to our player recruitment and retention with any credibility.

It must be fun taking pot shots at your former club about releasing Nikorima and about our hooker problems when you have Adam Reynolds as your 7 and Damien Cook as your 9. How convenient!

Ok, being diplomatic - congrats Macca, 250 games is nothing to scoff at and I think you should be proud of all that you've achieved. A great trainer and by all accounts, a great guy to have around the squad so well done. If all of our players had your dedication, we would be running away with the comp.

Now kindly retire or infuriate another fanbase, thanks.

Granville signed on with the Cowboys days before Bennett was appointed coach for 2015. Parcell actually played under Bennett in that same year but moved on because the offer from Manly was significantly higher.

He didn't have a top 25 offer from the Broncos.

If it wasn’t for injury or Macca playing Origin last year, we probably still wouldn’t have even spotted Turpin in the NRL. I’m almost certain too that at the start of the season Turpin was only in a development squad meaning Macca was our only out and out 9 in the top 30 I believe. I only hope now that Seibold has had long enough to know the club has handicapped itself in that position for a while.
To be totally fair, Turpin's form this year for Redcliffe was decent enough, but hardly banging down the door for an NRL start.

He's performed much better for Brisbane in the games he's had here which isn't often the case when guys get promoted out of Queensland Cup.

well tell us who is to blame for us continuing to have Macca ... Wayne Bennett was the coach and the club signs (or attempts to sign) the players he wants.

in this instance there is no one else to blame.
The board ??

The board ??

nope ... the board wouldn't have signed Macca unless Bennett wanted them to.

the only time coaches ever get players they don't want when they have literally just taken over the team ... I highly doubt even the biggest rabble clubs in the NRL would sign a player the coach doesn't want, it simply doesn't happen

You watch, the icing on the cake to all this will be Turpin being signed by the Bulldogs or someone like that in the coming weeks because we 'just didn't have the salary cap room' to retain him.

Last edited:
nope ... the board wouldn't have signed Macca unless Bennett wanted them to.

the only time coaches ever get players they don't want when they have literally just taken over the team ... I highly doubt even the biggest rabble clubs in the NRL would sign a player the coach doesn't want, it simply doesn't happen
Surely D.lockyer would've had a say . Of course but it's his contract length that's the issue, and that's all board you'd have to say.

Our unwillingness to recruit a permanent full time backup Dummy Half or even a genuine Utility for all those years was utterly perplexing to say the least.

It is a dramatic failure of recruitment, and if we're honest pretty arrogant of the club thinking they could rely entirely on juniors, and the catastrophe that was assuming Macca was going to be a good player. Won Rookie of the Year in 2009, yeah let that one sink in when considering Isaako lol

You watch, the icing on the cake to all this will be Turpin being signed by the Bulldogs or someone like that in the coming weeks because we 'just didn't have the salary cap room' to retain him.
For sure... Apparently 3 clubs throwing money at him. Im hoping he’ll stay at the Broncos for less if he gets a run on position.

If Turpin does sign elsewhere in the next few weeks whilst being stuck behind McCullough for the 9 jersey all hell will break loose.

The club better manage this situation very very carefully because the outrage this would create could become catastrophic and I don’t say that lightly.

The whole Boyd fiasco has already lost the patience of the fan base, imagine what Turpin leaving because McCullough took up his player option and keeps being selected ahead of Turpin in Jake’s preferred position would do? I almost guarantee season member numbers would drop instantly if this comes to fruition.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.