NEWS Milestone man Macca eyes life at Red Hill

If Turpin does sign elsewhere in the next few weeks whilst being stuck behind McCullough for the 9 jersey all hell will break loose.

The club better manage this situation very very carefully because the outrage this would create could become catastrophic and I don’t say that lightly.

The whole Boyd fiasco has already lost the patience of the fan base, imagine what Turpin leaving because McCullough took up his player option and keeps being selected ahead of Turpin in Jake’s preferred position would do? I almost guarantee season member numbers would drop instantly if this comes to fruition.
It'll be fine. The guy is going no where

Macca is definitely Dupree from that movie You, Me and Dupree. Just doesn’t **** off

I was listening to Seibold talk to Dobbin on Triple M about McC, and from what he was saying I wouldn't be too confident about him being flicked. Seibs seems to like him. I shook my head while driving.

If Macca is so secure with the coaching staff etc, why is he running these guilt trip lines?

They both came and went under griffin. Bennet actually expressed suprise about the Granville decision.
I'm absolutely certain WB stated that Granville most certainly would not have been allowed to pass through and WB would indeed have kept Granville. I too was disappointed he left and thought he was electric and a quality player.

When Bennett’s agenda is now with Souths you can’t take anything that comes out of his mouth in regards to our player recruitment and retention with any credibility.

It must be fun taking pot shots at your former club about releasing Nikorima and about our hooker problems when you have Adam Reynolds as your 7 and Damien Cook as your 9. How convenient!
Err, he spoke about Granville years ago, long before Souths were a thing! Agenda much?

Parcell wasn't interested in an NRL career apparently, so we had no chance with him.

Except he went to Manly from us...
[automerge]1563372282[/automerge]
That's the problem they were never in the Broncos' system. They were in Wynnum's and Ipswich's and the Broncos didn't want to make either in their top 25 just use them if they needed them off the second tier cap.

Granville played 167 games for Wynnum from 2007 to 2014 across all three grades for Wynnum and 15 NRL games with seven NYC games.

Parcell played Colts and 76 ISC games for Jets and six for the Broncos. They had to go to Manly and Cowboys to make top 25.

[automerge]1563325786[/automerge]

Think it was more a top 25 spot and Green.

If Griffin wanted him, he would have been in top 25 at the Broncs at that time, would he not?

Last edited:
Our unwillingness to recruit a permanent full time backup Dummy Half or even a genuine Utility for all those years was utterly perplexing to say the least.

We did. Jake Granville, Matt Parcell, Travis Waddell, Jake Turpin and now Segeyaro.

As far back as I care to look, we’ve always had a back up hooker...

Given Seibolds prefference for two Dummy Halves in a Game, we should be in good standing to sign Turpin but I have no idea how much cap we are at, and if We do sign Turpin I think the length of the deal if we do sign him will give us an idea of where we are at, surely he will be given every chance to be the long Term 9 with at worst a bench hooker role to start with going by the deal.

This Will be a massive failure if we let this one go though, any money says Roosters or the like would be the ones to get him if he did leave, I very much see him as the next Qld number 9 long term.

Firstly, good achievement by Andrew on reaching 250 games. Good for him.

Now to the fellow forum members, I reckon we don’t have to worry about Andrew taking up 1 year option in his favor for next year because it’s the Dogs we’re playing this week & they’ve Napa in the team. For some reason, he likes Andrew so very much that he gives his best to Andrew every time he plays. Let’s hope the trend continues and Andrew medically retires from the game ( not that I want something bad must happen to Andrew). Problem solved!!!

Firstly, good achievement by Andrew on reaching 250 games. Good for him.

Now to the fellow forum members, I reckon we don’t have to worry about Andrew taking up 1 year option in his favor for next year because it’s the Dogs we’re playing this week & they’ve Napa in the team. For some reason, he likes Andrew so very much that he gives his best to Andrew every time he plays. Let’s hope the trend continues and Andrew medically retires from the game ( not that I want something bad must happen to Andrew). Problem solved!!!
Napa seems to have been better behaved lately. I know a lot don't watch other teams but the Dogs haven't been as bad, generally speaking as quite a few think. They will be tough as hell to overcome but I think there's a belief building in this team.

I was listening to Seibold talk to Dobbin on Triple M about McC, and from what he was saying I wouldn't be too confident about him being flicked. Seibs seems to like him. I shook my head while driving.

How often do you see an injured player sitting in the coaches box every single week they are injured? Macca must do a lot of sucking up and is probably an expert at PR the way everyone seems to love him.

When Bennett’s agenda is now with Souths you can’t take anything that comes out of his mouth in regards to our player recruitment and retention with any credibility.

It must be fun taking pot shots at your former club about releasing Nikorima and about our hooker problems when you have Adam Reynolds as your 7 and Damien Cook as your 9. How convenient!

I believe he commented on Granville while he was still here.

Except he went to Manly from us...
[automerge]1563372282[/automerge]

If Griffin wanted him, he would have been in top 25 at the Broncs at that time, would he not?

@1910 may tell you what he told us back in the day about him.

He might be really vague too. Hope he tells you though.

Surely D.lockyer would've had a say . Of course but it's his contract length that's the issue, and that's all board you'd have to say.

I don't think you would have to say that at all. How's a coach meant to manage a team if he has no control over contract length?

I don't think you would have to say that at all. How's a coach meant to manage a team if he has no control over contract length?
What has the contract length got to do with it? After all, a coaches job is to instruct, to guide with a view to firstly be competitive and secondly to win the comp he's in. A contract is in the overwhelming majority of cases at least a year long or if during the season, it will be to the season's conclusion. Sure a coach might want to make a plan for three or four years but every single coach knows he could be out on his arse after one season or less.

Why would his imput be required as to the length of a contract? It wouldn't be, it's the boards appointee or representative whose job it is to organize the contract and the board's responsibility to sign off on any decision.

A coach can say, I want player X but it's bullshit to think he has the real say on the price paid or the contracts length.

A coach can say, I want player X but it's bullshit to think he has the real say on the price paid or the contracts length.

not at all ... no coach plans for them not being around anymore. They plan for future seasons with them being in charge of the team ... especially Wayne Bennett, who before last year, would never even contemplate the slightest possibility that he would leave the club on anything other than his own terms.

the coach may not make the final decisions on contract value, but they would have a big input on what they believe the player is worth. how important said player is to the coaches plans would also be given serious consideration when negotiating a contract. obviously the club's management have to work all that into the clubs salary cap position.

but the point is, a coach, especially someone like Wayne Bennett, would have a massive say on contract length (in particular) and price.

Active Now

• Strop
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Volvo Driver
  • Scorchie
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncsNBundy
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.