NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

Stockholm syndrome is a condition in which hostages develop a psychological bond with their captors during captivity.[1] Stockholm Syndrome results from a rather specific set of circumstances, namely the power imbalances contained in hostage-taking, kidnapping, and abusive relationships.

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Interesting you say Reynolds wants him at the club.......I haven't read that anywhere. If true, then that should signal something to Benny Ikin, IF Milford doesn't end up going to Souths.

Like you say....offering him a low ball contract is a win/win as far as I can tell, with the upside being a whole lot greater than what the down side could be.

All this talk about his "bad behaviour" .......other than this incident with his Mrs.....what other bad behaviour are we talking about?

All this talk about him stinking it up (by choice...it appears is the insinuation) .......is it a coincidence that when Milford started to look good again in the last few rounds this season.......the team as a whole was also looking the goods again?
Early rounds of 2020.......Milford was looking good, as was the entire team. I'm not saying he's blameless.......but the entire club was as shitful as Milford was during his few last years with us.

Oh thats right....he was on a miilllliionnn dollars, he's expected to carry the entire club.
Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA
I dont know if Reynolds has said anything recently, but I daresay any mention of him wanting to play alongside Milford would've been months ago when Reynolds was signed to Broncos and Milford hadn't signed with anyone.

I hope milford picks up the pieces of his life but let it be with someone else. We have enough work ahead without that drama.
There are plenty of super league clubs that will throw him a bone and his defensive deficiences will not matter whilst his x factor will count for double. Thats if souths tear up hid contract.
I think we have enough halves and then some.
Id much rather see a young half like ezra get a run if we burn thtough the other 4 or so we have.

I obviously don’t mean it in a literal sense.

It’s where victims of fucked up relationships go on to defend the people who put them in those relationships, i.e. hostages, abused spouses etc.

The club has endured enough shit from Milford, anyone who wants to sign up for more must be a glutton for punishment.

2015 is a long time ago, time to move on.

Interesting you say Reynolds wants him at the club.......I haven't read that anywhere. If true, then that should signal something to Benny Ikin, IF Milford doesn't end up going to Souths.

Like you say....offering him a low ball contract is a win/win as far as I can tell, with the upside being a whole lot greater than what the down side could be.

All this talk about his "bad behaviour" .......other than this incident with his Mrs.....what other bad behaviour are we talking about?

All this talk about him stinking it up (by choice...it appears is the insinuation) .......is it a coincidence that when Milford started to look good again in the last few rounds this season.......the team as a whole was also looking the goods again?
Early rounds of 2020.......Milford was looking good, as was the entire team. I'm not saying he's blameless.......but the entire club was as shitful as Milford was during his few last years with us.

Oh thats right....he was on a miilllliionnn dollars, he's expected to carry the entire club.
Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA
Anyone who thinks Milford had ANYTHING to do with us looking better at the end of the year is beyond delusional.

We were playing good footy BECAUSE he was gone and forced to work his way back. And in the end he actually couldn't even do that!

Gable was first choice til he was injured. No chance Milford got another game if Gamble didn't go down... Also no chance Gamble would have bowed out if the coach didn't want to give Milford a few pitty rounds. Gamble would have played on

Anyone who thinks Milford had ANYTHING to do with us looking better at the end of the year is beyond delusional.
Other way around Einstein.....Milford was playing good footy because the team was....

Its not hard....

If he couldn't be fucked to play well on a million dollars, just imagine how useless he will be on minimum wage.

Actually there would be no bigger motivation, what's more motivating than earning huge cash potentially if you show the other clubs you are still a genuine superstar?

The alternative is he plays like horse shit and ends up in the English Super League.

Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA

You ever worked at a place where the laziest bloke on the payroll was also earning the most money?

It's a pretty toxic environment, there is little doubt he's a lazy trainer, not the excitement machine he used to be. There is an unwritten rule that when you earn the most money you are expected to contribute the most, can't say he was.

You talk about Milford coming back and looking good, I am going to suggest the entire team began to look good when Kevvie came in and laid down the standards, one of those standards being that Milford spent time in QLD Cup as what he was dishing up was nowhere near good enough.

I could noticeably tell the team started to have a go when Milford got sent to QLD Cup, it was quite obvious actually.

Yep (maybe) ......and because they were having a go

when he came back for a couple of games

He played much better.

You ever worked at a place where the laziest bloke on the payroll was also earning the most money?
When he wasn't being considered for the captaincy so he could "play his own game," that was the final straw for me. If your highest paid player isn't up to the captaincy, he's being overpaid.

Not saying the captain should be the highest paid player if he's towards the end of his career, but the highest paid player should be nipping at his heels.

When he wasn't being considered for the captaincy so he could "play his own game," that was the final straw for me. If your highest paid player isn't up to the captaincy, he's being overpaid.

Not saying the captain should be the highest paid player if he's towards the end of his career, but the highest paid player should be nipping at his heels.

You can be a leader of your own skill set rather than needing to be a leader of others. Only in Australia do we have this culture of “the best guy must be captain” and it’s historically occurred here because of Cricket’s influence in the 80/90’s

Actually there would be no bigger motivation, what's more motivating than earning huge cash potentially if you show the other clubs you are still a genuine superstar?

The alternative is he plays like horse shit and ends up in the English Super League.

I would wager good money that is exactly what happens to him.

You can be a leader of your own skill set rather than needing to be a leader of others. Only in Australia do we have this culture of “the best guy must be captain” and it’s historically occurred here because of Cricket’s influence in the 80/90’s
Milford couldn't even lead himself.

I agree and its a bit of a false mindset that I've even experienced at the work place. We've typically turned to our best tradesman to be managers/supervisors of work crews....sometimes works...sometimes does more harm than good

I find nowadays......being the best tradesman does not necessarily make the best supervisor. People skills/personality + a sound knowledge of our systems......proves to be a better result.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.