NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

Except that JD hasn't had success at the two places that guarantee success for the last two decades.

He's had it at Cowboys, Broncos, Rabbitohs, QCup, NSW Cup. Adam O Briens success is more trust fund success, whereas JD has earned his stripes in all kinds of teams and competitions.
Broncos? Nah.

Except that JD hasn't had success at the two places that guarantee success for the last two decades.

He's had it at Cowboys, Broncos, Rabbitohs, QCup, NSW Cup. Adam O Briens success is more trust fund success, whereas JD has earned his stripes in all kinds of teams and competitions.

It's a wait and see, I just know from watching it happen before that all of these blokes Bennett endorses as the guy to take over when he leaves, not one of them has had success.

It's a wait and see, I just know from watching it happen before that all of these blokes Bennett endorses as the guy to take over when he leaves, not one of them has had success.

In fairness to him, he's lost all of Reynolds, Su'A, Gagai, Burns, Moga, Marshall and Mago. Plus Milford looks like he won't be there either, so that is a lot of depth and a few very important players gone.

I thought JD had a good run with Cows prior to Broncs? The Broncs stint was firing ok until the Bennett-Bent cap imploded.

In fairness to him, he's lost all of Reynolds, Su'A, Gagai, Burns, Moga, Marshall and Mago. Plus Milford looks like he won't be there either, so that is a lot of depth and a few very important players gone.

I wasn't pinning it on the coach, just mentioning that it's an unknown (another one) they have to deal with after losing all of those players.

He didn’t lose them, they were never there to play for him.

I think the Rabbitohs are actually happy that the NRL won't register Milford's contract ... maybe they have buyers remorse.

South Sydney Rabbitohs Statement:

“The South Sydney Rabbitohs respect and support the NRL’s decision to not register a contract for Anthony Milford at this stage,” the Rabbitohs said in a statement.

“The Rabbitohs will await the outcome of the legal proceedings and the NRL’s final determination before commenting further.”

I think the Rabbitohs are actually happy that the NRL won't register Milford's contract ... maybe they have buyers remorse.

South Sydney Rabbitohs Statement:

“The South Sydney Rabbitohs respect and support the NRL’s decision to not register a contract for Anthony Milford at this stage,” the Rabbitohs said in a statement.

“The Rabbitohs will await the outcome of the legal proceedings and the NRL’s final determination before commenting further.”

Milford hasn't been a great player for a long time but he has at least got experience, I don't see much experience in whoever the halves partner of Cody Walker will be and to me he's just a much more finished product of what Anthony Milford should be

Jason Demetriou will be considered a top-tier coach. Everywhere he goes, success is close by. Damn near the best resume for someone who has never been a head coach of an NRL side.

He was my ideal successor for post-Wayne life.

Remember when Kearney was rated by one journalist as the 2nd best coach in the NRL before he had even coached a single game? Just saying.

For real?? Does that give Milf grounds to sue? Something about good faith of the like?

Doubtful. Part of any contract process is being handed back the completed paperwork with confirmations and signatures from the third parties who need to register it.

He could go after his manager, but lets be real. Managers are going to be much smarter at dodging this shit than a dumbshit ex-NRL player.

Doubtful. Part of any contract process is being handed back the completed paperwork with confirmations and signatures from the third parties who need to register it.

He could go after his manager, but lets be real. Managers are going to be much smarter at dodging this shit than a dumbshit ex-NRL player.
Does seem like somebody dropped the ball.... Milford probably has very good reason to be annoyed at someone, would guess his manager?

Remember when Kearney was rated by one journalist as the 2nd best coach in the NRL before he had even coached a single game? Just saying.

None of these guys' pre-head coaching records holds a candle on JD. It's clear that leeching of Roosters/Storm doesn't make you a good coach. O'Brien/Kearney ain't got shit on JD's record.

He might fail, but goddam if you're going to take a punt on an unknown, it would be him.

None of these guys' pre-head coaching records holds a candle on JD. It's clear that leeching of Roosters/Storm doesn't make you a good coach. O'Brien/Kearney ain't got shit on JD's record.

He might fail, but goddam if you're going to take a punt on an unknown, it would be him.
His demeanour reminds me of Hook

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.