NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

There wouldn't be too many players in the history of Rugby League more resented by their club's fans than Anthony Milford. For being paid too much. For being a lazy spud. For becoming a passenger on the field. And now, for looking like he was saving it all for the exit.

Part of the reason we all love Rugby League is it's the working class game. It has no pretence, unlike Rugby Union. It's not important which school you went to, how you did, who's your uncle, what brand of cigarettes you smoke or whether you can string two words together. All that matters is you turn up and bust your guts.

The downside of being such an inclusive game is it also appeals to the unwashed mass of punchy dickheads who want to fight everyone once the sun goes down. Every one of them wants to bash Milf. Imagine having to live that every time you went out.

At least someone else is paying his medical bills.

Last person I would expect this from..
But Why would you be out at 2am on a Sunday when you got a wife and kids anyway time to grow up Milf.
With this and the pokies night before the finals makes you wonder abit how much it has been happening the last 4 years
Yep. Fair call.

Club Statement: Anthony Milford​

broncos.com.au
Mon 20 Sep 2021, 09:23 AM

Anthony Milford has completed his contractual duties with the Brisbane Broncos.

He is on leave and due to begin a new NRL contract elsewhere at the commencement of the 2022 pre-season.

As the matter is now before the courts, the Broncos will make no further comment.

---------------

p.s. Souths are distancing themselves from this Milford incident as well

South Sydney CEO Blake Solly said:

“I’ll speak to the Broncos, but he is not due to start with us until mid-November.”

Club Statement: Anthony Milford​

broncos.com.au
Mon 20 Sep 2021, 09:23 AM

Anthony Milford has completed his contractual duties with the Brisbane Broncos.

He is on leave and due to begin a new NRL contract elsewhere at the commencement of the 2022 pre-season.

As the matter is now before the courts, the Broncos will make no further comment.

---------------

p.s. Souths are distancing themselves from this Milford incident as well

South Sydney CEO Blake Solly said:

“I’ll speak to the Broncos, but he is not due to start with us until mid-November.”

I think there's quite a bit of incentive for the Broncos to do so and help him.

Milford is not a popular name on this forum but people forget he's a very popular member of the squad and still has a lot of friends at the club. The Broncos need to be very careful about how they handle this. If they just throw him to the wolves or look for a way to use this to get out of paying the remainder of his contract, it could backfire on the Broncos badly and cause tension with the playing group.

It's easy to say, "well if they don't like it then they can leave the club", but when it's over half of the squad, that's not a very good attitude to have.

On the other hand, the Broncos protecting him could benefit them when it comes to player retention as well.

It's a delicate situation.
It worked wonders with Fifita.

A 26yr old man with a young family out at 2am in the Valley... Glad he's playing for another club next year!
I can understand a night out until maybe 12am, but 2 am means he’s most likely getting home 3-4am and would completely write himself off of any responsibility for the day after too. My kids are up wreaking havoc at 6am.. it’s a no for me.

I’m jealous of his freedom though.

Really?

Kid's means you have to pack in your life?

Me and the mrs hit the tiles and the kids spend time with their grand parents.
Yeah but your not a professional athlete and a very recognisable one in brisbane at that (I apologise if you are).
If you go out and **** up on the piss you dont potentially loose your high paying job over it, Milford does.
Doesn't mean he can't let loose but do it in a place that's not the valley.. I'm sure some of his team mates have a nice place.

Yeah but your not a professional athlete and a very recognisable one in brisbane at that (I apologise if you are).
If you go out and **** up on the piss you dont potentially loose your high paying job over it, Milford does.
Doesn't mean he can't let loose but do it in a place that's not the valley.. I'm sure some of his team mates have a nice place.
It was obviously a dick move whatever he did, but his age (27 is fucking young) and the fact that he has Mrs and kis doesnt mean he cant go out and play up a bit (play up as in get on the beers -- probably best not to assault people (allegedly))

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Waynesaurus
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.